• Drive a 1969 General Lee Dodge Charger
• Choose from a 3 or 6 mile experience
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Experience driving round a real race track
• Fully qualified instructors on hand throughout your experience
• Allow at least an hour on site
What Can I Expect
Remember Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke? Then you'll love this Dukes of Hazzard experience! Jump into the authentically-styled Dodge Charger and drive - just like the boys did when Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane was on their tail!
The boys' car was known as General Lee thanks to the massive confederate battle flag that adorned the roof of their bright orange Dodge Charger. With 01 painted on each of the doors and fancy alloy wheels, this big-bonneted car got the duo into and out of rather a lot off scrapes and predicaments, often involving County Commissioner Boss Hogg saying: 'Roscoe, arrest them Duke boys' and Roscoe replying: 'I'm gonna cuff ya and stuff ya!"
Of course, you won't be driving this gem of a car on the dusty roads of Hazzard County, Georgia. We've got a selection of proper smooth tarmac tracks for you to to take the General on. They'll be no road gap jumps or car chases, but you will be able to put your foot to the metal and you could find yourself reaching 100mph on the long straights - not bad for a car from the late 1960s.
As far as we know, these are the only General Lee driving experiences in the country. During filming for the Dukes of Hazzard 309 Chargers were used, with the increasingly hair-raising stunts meaning on average one car per episode was completely trashed. Little wonder then that these classic Dodges became rarer and rarer and they started to become very expensive to replace.
Luckily for you, the team that runs these superbly nostalgic experiences has found a pristine Charger to become a very good looking General Lee. We can't promise that the customised air horn will play 'Dixie', that Tammy Wynette will appear on the 'Celebrity Speed Trap' or that you'll be invited for a bit of country dancing at the Boar's Nest afterwards, but we can be sure that this is the ultimate in all-American boy racer cars!
Each Dukes of Hazzard experience gives you the chance to charge around the track in your General Lee Dodge after a welcome and safety briefing. It's up to you whether you plump for three or six miles in this iconic lookalike car, but just remember if you hear 'Shepherd' (Uncle Jesse) or 'Bo Peep' (Daisy) calling the 'Lost Sheep' on the CB radio, that's you!
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Minimum age 17
• A full driving licence is required
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• This is not suitable is you have suffered from back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• The vehicle used in this experience is an authentic 1969 Dodge Charger however it was not used in the filming of the Dukes of Hazzard
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Circuit, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Heritage, Oxfordshire (Limited Availability)
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• Honnington, Suffolk
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Tibenham Circuit, Norfolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
Premium circuit upgrades available for a supplement, payable directly at the time of booking:
• Castle Combe (£25 upgrade supplement) Adults only
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey (£35 upgrade supplement) Limited availability
• All locations are subject to change