•A deluxe chocolate making experience
• Courses last around two and a half hours
• Learn about the history of chocolate and how it is made
• Make Belgian truffles by hand
• Dip and decorate your truffles with a variety of toppings
• Package 30-50 truffles to take home with you
• Unlimited chocolate, marshmallows and biscuits to enjoy throughout the event
What Can I Expect
We love choc, so this deluxe chocolate making offer is a cocoa-filled winner of an experience for all chocoholics. This fun workshop gives you the chance to pipe, shape, coat and create your own chocolates. Count us in!
When you arrive at the Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds hotel venues, you'll be greeted by the expert chocolatier, who’ll have bowls of chocolate, marshmallows and biscuits on standby ready for you to tuck into. As you're dipping in, you'll hear a little more about the chocolate making process from bean to bar. It's fascinating and you might be surprised to hear that cocoa and chocolate is no new thing - we've been loving it in various forms for centuries!
After the chat, it's time to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You will be using good quality 65% cocoa dark chocolate to create Belgian truffles by hand. Once you've made the ganache, it's time to cut, roll, dip and decorate with desiccated coconut, cocoa, icing or even just the tempered chocolate - and yes, this workshop also includes a session on how to temper!
Of course, you won't be able to resist tasting the ingredients as you go and that is most definitely allowed. Mind you, even the most fervent chocoholic won't get through all the truffles you'll have made, so expect to have between 30 and 50 chocs that you can take home and offer as gifts.
It’s also worth noting that these workshops can be adapted to suit vegans, vegetarians and those with lactose intolerance, using soya cream rather than dairy cream. All other ingredients are gluten free and chocolate can be Kosher if required. Just let the team know when booking your date.
And finally, we know it sounds cheesy, but this chocolate making offer won't be around forever, so if you fancy an afternoon creating, coating and packaging deluxe Belgian truffles, grab this special deal now.
• Regular Saturdays throughout the year
• Usual start time is 14:00
• Dates are subject to availability at your chosen venue
• Minimum age 11
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• The chocolate is suitable for vegetarians and is gluten free (kosher chocolate available upon request)
• Soya Cream can be used should participants be lactose intolerant (please advise when booking your date)
• Individuals and groups with additional needs or requirements CAN MAKE CHOCOLATE!
• If you find it difficult to participate in able-bodied activities but still want to be challenged and push your limits, Chocolate Making may be perfect for you
• Unfortunately due to the nature of this activity it is not suitable if you have restricted arm movement
• Please check with our customer services team to discuss individual requirements
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• As the classes are hands on, please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear, aprons are provided
• You'll usually be part of a group of up to 20 guests on the day
• Parking can be limited so guests may need to consider using nearby pay to park facilities or public transport.
• Birmingham Novotel Birmingham Centre, Broad Street, B1
• Leeds Novotel Leeds Centre, Whitehall Quay, LS1
• Manchester Novotel Manchester Centre, off Portland Street, M1