A deluxe chocolate making experience
• Courses last around two and a half hours
• Learn about the history of chocolate and how it is made
• Make Belgian truffles by hand
• Dip and decorate your truffles with a variety of toppings
• Package 30-50 truffles to take home
• Chocolate fountain running throughout the event
What Can I Expect
We love choc and we love a bargain, so this latest chocolate making offer from IntotheBlue is a cocoa-filled winner of an experience for all chocoholics. Count us in!
For many of us, Saturdays are spent recovering from the night before, catching up on household chores, going shopping and so on. Why not inject a little bit of chocolatey goodness into your weekend with this workshop that gives you the chance to pipe, shape, coat and create your own chocolates?
What's more when you arrive at either the Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds hotel venue, you'll be greeted by the expert chocolatier in the best possible way and you'll start your chocolatey experience by indulging in a chocolate fountain. Literally oozing yummy warm liquid chocolate, the fountain is just crying out for you to dip a marshmellow or two in. Delicious.
And as you're dipping and tasting, you'll hear a little more about the history of chocolate that includes explaining the process from bean to bar. It's all very fascinating and you might be surprised to hear that cocoa and chocolate is no new thing - we've been loving it in various forms for centuries!
After the chat, it's time to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You will be using good quality 65% cocoa dark chocolate to create Belgian truffles by hand. Once you've made the ganache, it's time to cut, roll, dip and decorate with desiccated coconut, cocoa or icings or even just the tempered chocolate - and yes, this workshop also includes a session on how to temper!
Of course, you won't be able to resist tasting the ingredients as you go and that is most definitely allowed. And don't forget, there's always the offer of the chocolate fountain that'll just make you love chocolate even more. Mind you, even the most fervent chocoholic won't been able to get through all the truffles you'll have made, so expect to have between 30 and 50 chocs that you can take home and offer as gifts.
And we know it sounds cheesy, but this chocolate making offer won't be around forever, so if you fancy an afternoon creating, coating and packaging delicious Belgian truffles, grab this special deal now.
• Regular Saturdays throughout the year
• Usual start time is 2.00pm
• Minimum age 11
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Individuals and groups with additional needs or requirements CAN MAKE CHOCOLATE!
• If you find it difficult to participate in able-bodied activities but still want to be challenged and push your limits, Chocolate Making may be perfect for you
• Unfortunately due to the nature of this activity it is not suitable if you have restricted arm movement
• Please check with our customer services team to discuss individual requirements
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• As the classes are hands on, please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear, aprons are provided
• You'll usually be part of a group of up to 20 guests on the day
• Parking can be limited so guests may need to consider using nearby pay to park facilities or public transport.
• Novotel Manchester Centre, off Portland Street, M1
• Novotel Leeds Centre, Whitehall Quay, LS1
• Novotel Birmingham Centre, Broad Street, B1