A one hour Air Rifles and Pistol Session
• All experiences start with a comprehensive safety briefing
• You will receive exclusive expert tuition
• All safety equipment is provided
• Special offer vouchers are valid for two people
What Can I Expect
Have you always fancied having a go at shooting, but never found the right place to have air rifle lessons? Well we can highly recommend this leading rifle range in Bedfordshire. This place has been named by marksmen and women as being one of the top three ranges in the whole country and it's a really impressive site.
Sitting in lush green farmlands north of Bedford city centre, this rifle range and shooting ground has been awarded Premier Plus status by the sport's governing body. That means beginners and novices can expect first-rate tuition, whilst experienced shots have loads of variety in the targets and shooting stands so they will never get bored - just look up and take in how huge that central tower is and how fast and furious the targets are that are launched from it!
This particular experience here in Bedfordshire is all about the air rifle range. This is a specialist area of the ground that is dedicated to rifle and pistol sports. A proper, wood-built undercover range, it's the perfect place to practice your rifle skills, whatever the weather. In fact, there are loads of different shooting and driving activities offered here, so it has a real buzz about it, making it a convivial place that's for sure.
Lessons, air rifles and safety gear are all included in these packages. And when we say the tuition is top-class we mean it. Chairman Ian Clifton is life vice president of the CPSA shooting association, a honour bestowed on him to celebrate his services to shooting. Along with his family, he started this Bedfordshire venture in 1991 and they, along with their talented and experienced rifle range team, have seen many a topshot learn, train and win here. So who knows, your first air rifle lesson could lead to a very successful new hobby for you?
The idea of these Bedfordshire sessions is that you have a go on the rifle range shooting at traditional competitive targets (the red, white and blue roundel type) and also try out the shoot 'em down (and up!) targets that appear at varying distances from your stand at any moment. Hit 'em once and they fall to the ground, hit 'em again and they come back for more!
All air rifle lessons last an hour. During this time you will be signed in, meet your skilled instructor and be fitted out with the right rifle for your height range and skill. This Bedfordshire shoot also has a huge gun shop on site, with all the very best country clothing and shoot brands, such as Musto, Beretta and Mirokov. You won't be 'all the gear no idea' though, as you will be tutored every step of the way.
• Sessions are usually available through out the year
• Shooting takes place 7 days a week
• Minimum age is 8 for air rifles
• Minimum age is 14 for pistols
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
• Friends and family are welcome to come to the lodge however viewing of the action is restricted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• No pets on site please
• No alcohol allowed before shooting
• Please wear suitable outdoor clothing
• Sensible footwear is recommended
• The lodge has a comfortable indoor area providing hot and cold food, a bar, outdoor patio, toilets and a well stocked gun shop
• The venue is a CPSA Premier Rated Shooting Club near Bedford with easy access via the M1, A1 and A14