• A day of deep sea fishing on the open seas
• Guidance and tuition of an expert skipper
• Rod, reel, tackle and bait included
• Tea and coffee throughout the day
• Fish for personal consumption only may be taken home
• The crew will assist you to prepare and gut the fish
What Can I Expect
Deep Sea Fishing - make a splash with this sensational voyage aboard one of the best-equipped catamaran fishing boats in the marina! You’ll be taking to the waters around Brighton Marina to try deep sea fishing like never before. Ride the waves and see if you’ve got what it takes to bring home the catch of the day.
This fishing fest begins in Brighton, long ago established as a key deep sea fishing ground for a wide variety of species. You’ll be sailing on the Channel Diver, a charter catamaran designed for space, comfort and stability to cope with the around the UK – so the placid waters of the South East hold no fears! It’s a fantastic choice for a deep sea fishing excursion, as the vessel has twin engines for drive and power, as well as offering a smooth and enjoyable ride.
On the day, you’ll go out with the skipper and crew, who use the latest technology and a wealth of local knowledge to locate likely hotspots for seasonal catches. Depending on the time of year, you could be taking home cod, sea bream, mackerel, bass or pollock. Pollack is notoriously tough to reel in, whilst sea bream is pretty plentiful round these parts. The only rule of the boat is that you keep just the fish you’ll eat – the rest of your catch is returned in good condition to the deep, deep sea to ensure ongoing, thriving fish stocks.
The team is always on hand to help, whether you’re a deep sea fishing novice or a Brighton boating regular. The centre also provides the fishing tackle if you don’t already have your own gear, so you can make this a one-off special occasion or a regular outing.
Fishing fans are sure to fall hook, line and sinker for this open water experience, but it’s also an unusual and enjoyable day out for groups of friends or families looking for something different to do on a weekend. Why not incorporate a day spent deep sea fishing into a short Brighton holiday and enjoy a few quality days of rest and relaxation? We’re sure that once you’ve felt the thrill of reeling in your first catch, you’ll be hooked and this wonderful watery session is a fulfilling and fun introduction to the popular sport of sea fishing in the UK.
• On selected dates throughout the year
• Arrival at 7:15am to start the experience at 7:30am
• Return back to the arena at 4:30pm
• Summer dates should be booked at least eight weeks in advance
• Minimum age 14
• All under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
• Suitable for all abilities
• Appropriate clothing and sturdy footwear should be worn
• You are reminded that sea conditions may vary considerably to the land
• Hats, sunscreen, glasses, waterproofs and gloves are advisable
• Sea sickness tablets may be required for novices
• Your own food should be taken for the day
• It may be possible for spectators to join anglers on the boat if spaces are available
• Spectator places on board are payable locally and should be requested on booking
• Free secure parking is available within 200m of the boat
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Along the south coast of England departing from Brighton Marina