• Two hour experience includes full safety briefing, flat water practice session and approximately 5/6 runs of the course
• All safety equipment is provided
• There will be a maximum of six people plus one guide in a raft with a maximum total group size of 24
What Can I Expect
White Water Rafting Northampton - this popular centre on the River Nene was not only Northamptonshire's, but the UK's first pumped artificial whitewater course and we're giving you the opportunity to ride in a raft on these manmade swirling white waters.
Three enormous pumps further upstream control the discharge of water down the 300m section. This means that if you're a beginner, you can learn the basics of white water rafting in the fairly placid conditions at this renowned Northampton venue and then increase the difficulty as your skill and experience improve.
Your two hour session will include a comprehensive safety and rafting technique briefing onshore, then a short session on flat water allowing you to practice paddling and manoeuvring your six seater raft, before you set off to complete up to five or six thrilling circuits. As the rapids you'll be riding are entirely purpose-built, access is incredibly easy and spectators can watch the fun all the way around the dug out water channel.
Wetsuits, windproof jackets, floatation aids and safety helmets are provided by this freindly set up in Northampton, so all you need to bring for your rafting escapade on the whitewater is a swim costume and sense of adventure. Fully trained and experienced rafting guides will ensure you receive the necessary instruction to maximise your enjoyment of the day - you are guaranteed to have fun, get wet and be exhausted!
This white water rafting Northampton activity at the brilliant white water rafting centre on the south east outskirts of Northampton is just one from our huge selection of experience days available with an Intotheblue voucher.
• Sessions run on most Saturdays and Sundays from March to October with various start times available.
• Exclusive raft bookings can also be provided on weekdays
• Minimum age 12, under 18's must have a completed parental consent form
• There is no maximum age limit however the activity is physically demanding
• You do not have to be a swimmer but must be confident being in and around water whilst wearing a floatation aid
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• You will need to bring a towel, a change of clothes, a sweatshirt or thermal top, swimwear to go underneath your wetsuit and closed toed footwear which you don't mind getting wet - wetsuits and gloves are provided free of charge
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
• Viewing areas provide great views of the action
• The modern purpose built centre building has full changing room and showering facilities including those for the disabled, a cafeteria, a lift and training rooms, if required
• There is ample parking on site
• There are hotels and B&B accommodation nearby
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• South East Northampton, five minutes from the M1, junction 15