• Exclusive guided wildlife tour of the Cowdray Estate
• The opportunity to watch badgers and see indigenous wildlife in its natural habitat
• Tea/coffee on arrival
• Complimentary flask of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and Cowdray brownies are provided during colder months and Cowdray Apple juice and snacks during summer months
• Experiences last around three hours
What Can I Expect
As wildlife experiences go, wildlife watching at the fantastic Cowdray Estate in West Sussex has to be one of the most relaxing, yet exciting activities that Into the Blue offers. You'll be guided to the best spots by the expert rangers, to settle quietly and wait. Listen out for a movement, the ruffling of leaves, the sound of small furry feet - and suddenly, there you are face-to-face with badgers, hares, rabbits and Roe deer. Truly magical.
These wildlife experiences are set on a stunning private estate that covers 7500 hectares. Cowdray encompasses the ruins of a Tudor mansion, country cottages, working farms, woods, golf course, accommodation and farm shop and cafe. You'll instantly have a feeling of well-being and being at one with nature in such a gorgeous setting.
What's more, you'll be taken around in a 4x4 vehicle for most of the experience, so there's very little trudging around to be done. Visits are available between April and September, with a thermos for hot drinks in winter and estate-produced apple juice provided in summer. And if you're ready and willing to do an early start, you can see the animals at dawn. Or if you prefer bats and badgers, go for an evening tour as you observe how the forests and woodlands come alive at dusk. All wildlife tours start and finish at Cowdray Estate golf club.
These wildlife outings are completely flexible and exclusive to you, with vouchers for two, three or four to tour together. Children are welcome (of course they’ll need to be aware about staying quiet when waiting with baited breath for the the wildlife) and the estate's rangers will adapt the safari with shorter periods spent waiting silently in the badger hides.
Our Wildlife Nature Trail experience has something for everyone. Those panoramic views from the top of the South Downs are combined with the delight of seeing indigenous creatures, unaware that they are being observed, just going about their everyday life in the wild - be it engaging in courtship rituals, drinking and feeding, or even just having a snooze in the sunshine.
We think the three hours spent exploring Cowdray's estate is the perfect wildlife experience for nature-loving adults and youngsters alike, with England's rich wildlife heritage on parade.
• Wildlife safaris are available April to September
• Times can be arranged to suit you
• Dawn and dusk are the best times to observe the wildlife
• Minimum age 18 if unaccompanied, 6 if accompanied
• A 4x4 vehicle is used for the majority of the safari, so no high level of fitness is required
• This activity is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The Estate has holiday cottages and bed and breakfast accommodation which are ideal bases for your visit
• The Cowdray Estate, Midhurst, West Sussex
• Tours depart from the Cowdray Park Golf Club