• Fly in a real 'Warbird' The Wacky Wabbit
• Welcome, introduction and pre-flight briefing
• 15, 20 and 30 minute flight durations are available
• Demonstration of aerobatic manoeuvres during your flight
• Opportunity to take the controls for yourself
* Please note: Customers will need to purchase an Air Show entry ticket as flights take place on Old Warden Shuttleworth Collection Air Show days
What Can I Expect
UK Harvard flights are go - the Wacky Wabbit is going on tour! This is your chance to book an introductory flight in a Harvard, when this iconic military trainer flies during summer season. And you'll be the one sitting up front!
This stunning Harvard was built as a T6J in 1953 at the Canadian Car & Factory Company. Commissioned by the USAF, the Harvard you’ll be flying in was dispatched to Italy as part of the post-war initiative to rebuild Air Forces around Europe. Serving for many years as a military advanced training aircraft, this plane served at various Italian bases.
After Italy, this Harvard’s history is sketchy, until the aircraft turned up back in the UK in 1981, with a civilian registration G-BJST. Since then, the plane has lived under multiple ownerships until 2015, when this consortium took over and made some bold decisions. First up was a full and pain-staking restoration to bring this warbird back to prime airworthy condition. Then it was all about the livery…
The team decided on RAF Desert Air Force (DAF) colours, just like a MkII Harvard serial number AJ841, which flew with the Desert Air Force between 1941 and 1946, training young fighter pilots during the North African campaign. It’s a pretty rare sight too, believed to be the only Harvard in the UK and indeed Europe flying in authentic DAF colours.
Looking for a moniker for their newly resplendent Harvard, the crew stumbled across the carrot-eating rabbit logo used by the British Flying Training School in Florida during the 1940s. Inspired by this piece of aviation history, the Wacky Wabbit was born.
And now here he is, flying the skies of the UK as the Wacky Wabbit, offering flights to introduce you to the world of Harvard warbirds. These very special experiences are scheduled at Old Warden Airfield in Biggleswade and Conington Airfield in Peterborough - the aircraft's home base.
The thrill of flying in such a prime example of a Harvard in the UK is evident. And to add an extra spin to your whole flight experience, the Wacky Wabbit Harvard will be demonstrating aerobatics if you’re up for it. What’s more, you might even get a chance to have a go at the controls.
• Selected dates between April and October
• Flights are generally available between 10am and 6pm
• Dates and times are subject to availability at your chosen location
Old Warden Aerodrome
• 3rd May - VE Day Air Show
• 7th June - Flying Festival Air Show
• 5th July - Military Air Show
• 2nd August - Family Air Show
• 6th September - Vintage Air Show
• 4th October - Race Day Air Show
Conington Airfield, Peterborough
• 7th March*
• 21st March*
• 16th May*
• 20th June*
• 18th July
• 15th August
* Provisional dates, subject to a minimum of 2 flights taking place. In the unlikely event numbers are not reached dates may be rescheduled
• Minimum age 16 years old
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• You need to be agile enough to climb into the cockpit
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the take off and landing with great photo opportunities
• Friends and family going along for Old Warden dates will need to purchase an entrance ticket to the event, as flights take place on air show days
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All quoted flight times are chock to chock
• Vouchers are valid for use on one of the following locations
• Conington Airfield, Peterborough
• Old Warden Aerodrome (home of the Shuttleworth Collection), Biggleswade*
* Please note customers and any accompanying friends or family at Old Warden, will need to buy an entrance ticket to the event, as flights are held on air show days. Tickets are around £25 in advance, £35 on the gate).