• Tea/coffee and biscuits upon arrival
• Guided tour of the vineyard
• Guided tour of the winery
• Tutored wine tasting session including sparkling, still and fruit wines
• Ploughman's lunch with a glass of wine
What Can I Expect
Support this family-run winery on a Carr Taylor vineyard tour and wine tasting session for two and discover drop by drop how delicious English wines can be. Enjoy a pleasant tour of the vines and wine making process, then finish off your bottle-based day of delight with lunch and a complimentary glass of wine at the onsite restaurant.
Carr Taylor has been producing high quality English wines at their 37-acre vineyard near Hastings since 1971 and is now run by Alex Carr Taylor, who quite literally grew up amongst the vines, as it was his parents who planted them and started the wine production that the family remains so resolutely passionate about today.
On your tour around the rows of vines you’ll be given a brief history of Carr Taylor’s winemaking pedigree, as well as information on how the vines are cared for through the seasons in order to produce the sweetest, juiciest grapes and wines. Then you’ll head indoors to see the crushing, fermentation and blending processes, before watching how the finished wines are bottled up for sale in the winery’s cellar shop.
It’s then time to taste the fruits of the Carr Taylor team’s labours with a tutored wine tasting lesson, where you both can sample some of their most popular products. The ginger wine, Brut sparkling white and English dry white are all firm favourites with buyers and awards judges alike, but any wines from this spectacular company are sure to excite your palate.
The perfect way to round off your vineyard tour at Carr Taylor is, of course, to pair some fresh, tasty food with the equally delectable wine and enjoy a Ploughman’s lunch including farmhouse pâtés, local cheeses, fresh salad, village-baked bread with relishes and, of course, your chosen glass of wine.
• Tours, tastings and lunch take place on selected weekday and weekend dates
• The experience will begin at 11am
• The minimum age required is 18
• Unfortunately spectators are not permitted
• Individual self guided tours can be purchased on the day for friends and family (£1.50p/p)
• There is a shop onsite selling wines and refreshments
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The vineyard is located near Hastings, East Sussex