• Choose from a target archery or axe throwing session, or try your hand at multiple activities
• Experiences start with a safety briefing, covering the basics
• Tuition from an experienced instructor
• Sessions will be exclusive to the number of vouchers purchased
• Experiences last approximately one hour, depending on the group size (ie goups of 6 will receive more time than those on 1:1 sessions)
• Practice your aim and hit the bullsye!
• Introduction to axe and knife throwing, followed by a competition using your favourite
• Experience both Archery and Axe Throwing. The session is split into equal times
• Extended two hour session to experience Archery, Axe throwing and Aerial Archery
• Aerial Archery is a form of moving target archery combining the skills of both archery and clay shooting
What Can I Expect
Spot on target sports in Pembrokeshire! Lovely surroundings, great coaching and lots of fun when you have a go at archery, axe throwing and even aerial archery. Try one, two or three activities during your visit to this wonderful location and see if you’ll be the hot shot of the day!
Jon and Penny run this 10-acre farm estate offering camping, glamping and target sports in the heart of the Pembrokeshire countryside near Whitland. A talented sportsman and coach, Jon loves all the space he has here to teach his favourite target sports. No previous experience is needed, you just need to bring along your enthusiasm and everything else is provided for you.
For archery, there’s both an indoor and outdoor range, so any inclement Welsh weather that’s looming won’t stop your bow and arrow fun. Jon and his Archery GB qualified instructors will soon have you shooting your arrows straight and true, right into those roundel targets.
Axe throwing is as thrilling as you’d expect. How good is it going to feel when you lob an Tomahawk axe to land with a great big thud into the wooden panel? You’ll even get to try the same with knives too. In essence, there’s a range of throwing weapons, so see which one suits you!
Then there’s aerial archery. With your regular bow and arrow, you’ll be taking aim at the flying targets, which are 25cm diameter foam disks. Jon is a firm believer that this target sport offers a much more environmentally friendly spin on your classic clay shooting, because the discs are reusable and the target launcher runs off a wind and solar powered battery. It’s also great fun, giving an extra dimension to traditional archery.
For these target sports experiences in Pembrokeshire, we are offering vouchers for archery or axe throwing alone, a combo experience that combines the two, or a triple giving you archery, axe throwing and aerial archery too. Easily accessible from popular coastal areas such as Tenby, Saundersfoot and Wiseman’s Bridge, an afternoon of target shooting is the perfect pastime whether you’re on holiday or local to the area.
• Available on weekdays and weekends throughout the year (closed on Wednesdays)
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Participants need to be mature and strong enough to pull a bow or throw an axe
• Spectators are welcome, there are basic refreshments available on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• No open-toed footwear is allowed for axe throwing
• Tavernspite, Pembrokeshire