All experiences include:
• Drive a track prepared RWD Mazda MX-5
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• You will form a group of up to 3 people per car
• Performance driving debrief with your instructor
Stunt Taster Session
• 2 lessons learning how to execute handbrake turns, including parking space challenge
• High speed reverse J turns
• Experiences last approximately 90 minutes with approx 25 minutes personal drive time
• This experience is available as a driving or passenger experience
Pro Stunt Session
• 3 lessons learning how to execute handbrake turns, including parking space challenge
• High speed reverse J-turns
• Learn rolling donuts using power oversteer
• Experiences last approximately 90 minutes including drivers safety briefing with approx 50 minutes personal drive time
What Can I Expect
If you fancy pulling massive motoring moves like they do in films, then go on a stunt drive in Hertfordshire! These taster and pro stunt driving classes take place at a private proving ground just outside Hemel Hempstead and combine spinning thrills with excellent tuition.
You could say the team here is totally dedicated to stunt driving and motorsport, or you might just say each one of them is totally nutty about busting out crazy car moves. Either way, this young and dynamic crew is sure to bring out the big kid in you - grinning from ear to ear when you nail that first tyre smoking donut!
We are offering two different types of stunt driving class here in Hertfordshire. For those who'd like to dip their toe in the world of freestyle car driving, we've got the taster session. During the class you'll learn the basics of precision driving so you can pull off those moves that look as if you're about to lose the car, when you're actually fully in control of the vehicle.
Those basic stunt driving moves include the classic J-turn and inch perfect handbrake turns, to get the tyres smoking. All pretty impressive stuff, so make sure you've got friends and family watching to see you fancy feats.
If you opt for the pro stunt drive at this Hertfordshire centre you'll enjoy an extended experience that gives you loads of time to perfect those moves. All students will have plenty of time at the wheel to learn and practise some tarmac-scorching antics, taking your driving techniques to the next level.
As well as those high speed handbrakes turns and J turns, you will have the chance to try power oversteer donuts - very smooth. And our favourite session during this stunt class is driving into a car parking space, but not by reversing in, more by flinging it into the spot via a nice handbrake turn.
The stunt driving gauntlet has most definitely been laid down!
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 2ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required (if driving)
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• Minimum age 5 for passenger experience
• Spectators are welcome to come along
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Passenger experiences are available on the day starting from £19
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage waiver can be paid with zero excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire