• Choose from a 7,000ft or 13,000ft jump
• Pre Flight Briefing and training approximately 20 minutes
• Ascent in the parachute aircraft lasting 10-15 minutes for the 7,000ft jump and 20-25 for 13'000ft
• Enjoy the sensation of freefall with 13'000ft jumps giving around 40 seconds
• Approximately 5-6 minutes under the parachute to enjoy the views
• Allow spending a day at the venue
• For 7,000ft jumps £25 to cover BPA membership/insurance must be paid on the day
AFF Level 1 Jumps
• Jumps usually take place at heights of up to 13,000ft / 2 miles
• Minimum of six hours intensive ground training in a small group of up to four students
• Enjoy a 'solo' freefall of approximately 40 seconds accompanied by two instructors with radio contact
• Deploy and land your own parachute
• Debrief and analysis of your jump
• Allow 2 days on site, when conditions allow it can be possible to train and jump on the same day however you may need to return on another date to complete your jump
What Can I Expect
Take a Skydiving Course here in Suffolk and be one of over 10,000 budding skydivers who jump from this centre on the Norfolk/Suffolk border every single year!
This school is based at Beccles airfield and makes the most of the fact that there are altitude limits, no air traffic control restrictions and no other aviation traffic from the drop zone area, making it the perfect place to sign up for a course in skydiving.
The team here is amazing. Owners Jason Thompson and Grant Richards have done many thousands of jumps between them and are both ex military parachutists. The aim of the sky diving game here is to be professional, but approachable and friendly at the same time to put you at ease throughout your course - especially when for most it is their very first foray into that freefall feeling.
So you've decided you want to go skydiving. Now you have to decide how you want to jump out of the plane. The quickest route is to opt for tandem skydiving as there is a ground training session and then you're off strapped into a harness with, of course, your instructor attached. You exit the plane around from your choice of either 7'000 or 13,000ft above the ground and experience freefalling before the parachute is opened and your canopy ride back down to the drop zone gives you around six minutes of calm after the rush.
This school also offers AFF (Accelerated Free Fall). This is basically the fastest way to get you jumping solo from 13000ft. You will be given all the training you need to get rigged up, head up in the plane and jump. As soon as you exit there will be two instructors holding each arm and tuition is quite literally given in the air via hand signals and radio. At 5000ft you'll be given the signal to deploy the parachute.
We think this is an amazing course as you'll be soloing your first skydive! Whichever skydiving course you choose, you are bound to have an incredible day at this bustling Beccles venue. And although skydiving is weather dependent, there's plenty of opportunity to jump here as the school is open seven days a week, all year round - and yes, all appropriate gear included cosy skydiving suits (par for the course during colder months) are included! A full list of parachute and skydiving schools is available on our main parachuting page.
• Jumps operate from March to November
• 7'000ft jumps are available on Wednesdays only between March and November
• 13,000ft jumps are available on weekdays and weekends
• All jumps are subject to weather conditions on the day
• AFF Jumps may require you to return on another date to perform your jump
• Minimum age 16, under 18's will require a parent or guardian's consent
• A good general level of fitness is required for all jumps
• There are no formal upper age limits
• All parachutists need to sign a declaration of medical fitness
• Anyone over 40 will need a BPA Medical Certificate signed by a doctor
• The upper weight limit is 16.5 stone
AFF Level 1 Jump
• There is no upper age limit for these types of skydive, however special permission is required to train if you are over 50
• You need to sign a declaration of medical fitness and over 40's need a BPA Medical Certificate signed by a doctor
• The maximum weight limit is 15.5 stone
• Spectators are more than welcome to come and watch and you can make use of the facilities and watch the action from the viewing area.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There are toilets, changing facilities, showers and disabled toilets on site
• There is a licensed bar and diner on site providing hot and cold food and drinks
• A DVD recording of tandem jumps can be made for £99 payable on the day but must be booked in advance
• Beccles Airfield, Ellough on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, near Lowestoft