• 20 Minutes of instruction
• Choose from a 7,000ft or 13,000ft jump
• Tandem experiences use a dual harness and you jump attached to an instructor
• Enjoy the sensation of freefall
• The instructor opens your parachute at around 5,000ft
• Enjoy around 5 minutes under canopy with views of the local area and beyond
• Tandem jump certificate
• For 7,000ft jumps £25 to cover British Skydiving membership/insurance must be paid on the day
• A video of your jump can be purchased direct with the operator
Accelerated Freefall Level 1
• Six hours of ground training covering all you need to knowto complete your skydive
• Open and land your own parachute from 13,000ft, accompanied but not attached to, two expert instructors
• Debrief with instructors
What Can I Expect
Let’s see if you’ve got what it takes to do a Sibson Skydive! This drop zone is very well-known in the Peterborough area, with jumpers and their canopies filling the skies for many days of the week during the main parachuting season. It’s an impressive sight, but why watch from the ground when you could be up there doing it yourself?
It’s destination Sibson Airfield then, for these skydiving experiences. We are offering both tandem jumps and the intensive Accelerated FreeFall (AFF) course here in Peterborough, so whether it’s the quick sky-high thrill or the first steps on the way to be a qualified jumper you’re looking for, it’s all up for grabs.
This highly respected sky diving centre has been operating for many years out of Sibson and what makes it unique is the height. Thanks to the unrestricted skies over Peterborough, the club benefits from unlimited altitude. No wonder around 10,000 jumps are logged from the 250 or so club members each year…
So what’s it like doing a parachute jump? Well, from the second you enter the Jumper’s Reception to sign in, to the moment you touch down on Terra Firma after your free falling fun, you will be extremely well looked after. The aim of the game here is safety first, but keeping it fun and relaxed to put you at ease the whole time too.
And we have to say, because of what you will be doing (i.e. jumping out of a plane) you will be relying on your instructor. This is why they are all BPA (British Skydiving) Instructor rated here at Sibson and also why the comments about them afterwards include words like ‘legend’ and ‘awesome’. This is the ultimate bucket list experience after all, so you need to be doing it in safe hands!
And indeed, once you’ve lapped up those seconds of freefalling over the Peterborough countryside with the wind rushing at you, you’ll feel like you’ve walked on the sky. As soon as you can actually talk again, we can pretty much guarantee you’ll be uttering things like ‘best thing ever’ ‘epic’ and ‘where can I sign up to do it all again?’. And that, dear potential parachuters, is what skydiving at Sibson is all about.
• Jumps generally operate between March and November
• 7,000ft jumps: Available on Thursdays
• 13,000ft jumps: Valid for use on Thursdays and Fridays, weekend and Bank Holiday dates
• All jumps are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 16 (parental consent needed for age 16/17)
• Weight restrictions: max 15.7 stone (99kgs)
• Students over the age of 40 are required to have a British Skydiving fitness form signed and stamped by a doctor
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
• The spectator area provides safe and comfortable area for jumpers and friends
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Sibson Airfield, Peterborough