• Tandem jumps take place from an altitude of up to 10,000ft
• A Beech 99 King Air aircraft is used at this site
• Provisional membership to the British Parachute Association
What Can I Expect
Exhilaration guaranteed when you go to Dunkeswell to skydive! We think going tandem skydiving in Devon is the best way to experience this thrilling extreme sport without having to learn how, as you are strapped to an instructor for the entire duration of your jump. During this amazing aerial thrill, you can reach speeds of up to 120mph and then enjoy the peace and tranquillity when the canopies are opened.
This skydive site near Exeter in Devon has been associated with parachuting since 1964 and is ideally located to cater for budding sky divers from all over the south west. This Dunkeswell jump zone offers fantastic scenery giving you Devonshire coastline views of both the Bristol and English Channels and is renowned for being one of the most scenic drop zones in the country.
On the big day you will have a full skydiving safety briefing on the ground at Dunkeswell and you'll be fitted out in your jumpsuit, headgear, goggles, gloves and harness ready to get airborne. The Black Beech 99 aircraft is deemed to be one of the fastest and most comfortable jump planes in the world and will transport you up to 10,000ft in minutes. Safely attached to your instructor and 'other half' for the duration of your tandem jump, its time to move towards that open aircraft door...
Then suddenly you vaguely hear the word 'GO!' and you're exiting the plane. From then on it really is go all the way...freefalling for up to two miles will be the most adrenaline pumping moment of your life. When the canopy opens it all slows down, so enjoy the aerial views of Devon (it's the skydiver's privilege!) during the parachute ride down to terra firma which lasts about five minutes in total. Whilst you are up in the air, there will also be an opportunity for you to assist with the steering of the chute.
So, for all you wannabe sky Gods and Goddesses, this Dunkeswell skydive school is the place to jump. You won’t find another drop zone that provides the amazing views over Devon you will witness when that skydiving canopy opens. So if you have the guts.....let’s get going and experience the freefall madness of a skydive over the Devon skies.
• This parachute drop zone operates throughout the week all year round including bank holidays.
• Maximum weight is 18 stone (there is a surcharge for guests over 15 stone of £20 per stone and this is payable onsite)
• Minimum age is 16 years and there is no upper age limit
• If you are aged between 16 and 18 you must obtain a parent or guardians consent.
• A Medical form is required if you have any medical conditions or are on any medication
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
• No pets are allowed on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The site has toilet, changing facilities and a fully licensed cafe and bar
• Have a permanent record of your first jump by having a professional cameraman accompany you in freefall, at an extra cost of £140 payable on site. These recordings need to be booked in advance to be guaranteed
• Videos or Photos are charged at £140
• Video and Photos are charged at £185
This Drop Zone offers some of the most stunning views in the UK but don't forget, we have a range of parachuting and Skydiving experiences available nationwide.
• Near Exeter, Devon