• Round trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
• Welcome champagne
• Five course fine-dining lunch
• Half a bottle of wine per person
• Coffee, tea and petit fours
• Vouchers are valid from 'Great British Sunday Lunches' and 'Spirit of Travel' voyages
• Strolling musicians and table magician to entertain you
• Excursions last approximately 3-5 hours looping back to the departure point
What Can I Expect
Luxury train travel onboard the lovely Northern Belle! This is vintage train travel at its very best, with beautifully restored Pullman-style carriages ready to take you out for lunch. As you travel through the best of the English countryside, enjoy the impeccable onboard service, lovely views and a delicious five-course luncheon served at your table.
Our vintage train lunch packages include the ‘Great British Sunday Lunch’ and the ‘Spirit of Travel’ voyages. With both London and regional departures available, there’s plenty of choice for passengers wanting to enjoy a luxury lunch onboard such a fine train as the Northern Belle. All journeys are circular tours and your day lasts around five hours.
What leaves a lasting impression after experiencing the Northern Belle is the attention to detail. The carriages are just gorgeous. Each one, named after a British stately home or castle, is individually decorated, with fine examples of mosaics, marquetry and murals adorning the interiors. Remarkably, much of the fine detail has been realised by A Dunn & Son, an artisan crafts company established in 1895, that worked on many of the original ‘Belle Epoque’ trains in the 1930s.
That vintage style is still very much in evidence on the Northern Belle today. Put simply, it harks back to bygone age when travel by train was luxurious and sumptuous. It was a real event to voyage by train - with onboard service to match. For your lunch on the Northern Belle, those values are still very much at the fore.
Your very smartly-dressed steward will show you to your table, which has been neatly dressed with sparkling cut glassware, white starched linen and monogrammed Northern Belle tableware. You’ll be served Chef’s seasonal luncheon menu on the Spirit of Travel tours and a sumptuous roast on the Great British Sunday Lunch voyages. All vintage train lunches are accompanied by carefully selected wines.
As your rain glides effortlessly through the countryside, this is your moment to savour your time on the Northern Belle. It's the epitome of vintage train travel in the modern age, where good old-fashioned service values still reign. We think you’re going to love the day you travelled on this most luxurious of train services.
• Selected dates between February and August
• Due to popularity please book well in advance to avoid disappointment
• Departures times vary and a confirmed schedule will be supplied upon booking
• All dates are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Some cities only have limited departures so please book early and check the schedule
• Smart casual wear is appropriate (but not jeans or trainers)
• Because of the vintage nature of the train wheel chair access is not possible onboard, help is available for passengers with disabilities, with facilities to stow folding wheelchairs
• For the comfort of all, this is a non-smoking train throughout and passengers are asked to turn off their mobile telephones whilst on board
• If you have any special dietary requirements, please advise us when booking and we will do our best to comply. We are, however, unable to provide meals requiring strict religious observance in their preparation.
• Spectators are not permitted however they are welcome to accompany passengers to the train station and see them off
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please note the train is not steam hauled
• There are seven passenger carriages, each with the same interior layout of tables for two and four
• Seating will be side by side on a table of four
• It may be possible to upgrade to a table of two at the time of activation for an additional charge of £30 per person
• Dates and locations may change, please contact us for the latest availability.