• Drive 'Grizzly' a Full sized American Spec monster truck
• 15 minutes driving time in the truck
• You will form part of a group of two participants
• Experiences last for approximately one hour
What Can I Expect
When is a truck a US Monster Truck? When it’s around 12ft tall, that’s when! If you’re looking for the ultimate supersized driving gift, this could be the one. When you meet this full-size American monster truck you’ll be in awe. And when you try and climb aboard, you will literally have to get the ladder out.
Your experience starts with an introduction to ‘Grizzly’, the ginormous one from the States, complete with 6ft tyres, custom paintwork and full-on American pick-up body styling. Underneath the bonnet there’s a full-size engine too. It’s a 7500 (!) cc Chevvy engine that produces more power and noise than any driver could wish for.
Once you've been shown the controls in Grizzly’s sky-high cab, it's time to turn the key in the ignition. Having taken a moment to listen to that roaring motor, you'll then set off on the purpose-built course that has been created to be suitably worthy of such a massive monster truck from the US of A.
This full-size monster is like nothing you’ve ever driven before. The truck has a seriously elevated driving position that takes some getting used to. And you’ll feel every knobble on those huge chunky tyres too. As you complete your first warm-up lap in Grizzly, you’ll be grateful for the expert advice from your instructor.
Then it's a question of driving control and spatial awareness, as you try and reverse the beast that is Grizzly into a coned 'garage' area. We think you’ll agree, this task takes parking to the next level, as you try and manoeuvre this full-sized monster from the US into a pretty standard-sized parking space!
After another practice lap to master the steering and gas pedal, you’ll attempt the big finale. Psyche yourself up for steering this incredible USA monster truck they call Grizzly over not one, but two saloon cars. Honestly, whoever left them there right in the middle of the monster truck driving circuit must’ve been out of their minds. And look at the cars now - all squished and squashed by that 8-tonne Grizzly giant!
• Available on selected weekend dates throughout the year
• Alternative days of the week can be booked for groups over 6, subject to availability
• Minimum age 17
• A driving licence is not required but participants must know how to drive
• Drivers who are over 2 metres tall or weighing 20 stone may not fit in all the vehicles
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing suitable for outdoor facilities and flat-soled shoes that will provide good grip and support on muddy, uneven terrain.
• These monster trucks make an amazing spectacle and up to two spectators per driver are welcome to attend on the day
• There are no indoor viewing areas and as there are vehicles driving around the site it is not suitable for very young children
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please note Monster Truck drives do not operate on the same day as the ride experiences at this location
• East Grinstead, West Sussex