• Drive 4 vehicles for the Maxi Monster experience
• 10 minutes driving time in each of the vehicles
• You will form part of a small group of three participants
• Experiences last approximately 2.5 hours
• American Monster Truck 'Grizzly
• Eurospec Monster Truck 'Black Ice'
• Land Rover 90 'Big Jeep'
• Fully caged 4x4 trials buggy
What Can I Expect
This is the ultimate maxi monster truck experience, giving you the chance to drive four monstrous machines in East Grinstead. Over the two and a half hour experience, you will drive a UK-style and a US-spec monster truck, a big jeep and an off-road buggy too. Lots of driving and even a bit of monster truck car crushing too!
Let’s do this one in height order. First up are the off roading buggies. Just when you thought everything was oversized at this maxi monster truck driving centre, there’s this light-weight but heavily modified 4x4 buggy. It wants to go places you would never think possible in a vehicle and you’re the one charged with piloting this thing around that tricky circuit. Near vertical drops? Yes. Streams to drive through? Of course. Wobbly bridges to negotiate? Most certainly. And you can even initiate a deliberate sideways roll of you’re up for it!
Then there’s the jeep. This jacked-up Land Rover Defender 90 has higher ground clearance than standard and that matters for this experience. You’ll be taking the Landy on the fearsome Jungle Run, a wild woodland way that’ll have you squeezing through tree-lined trails with just inches to spare on each side. Of course, lined up next to the more maxi monster trucks, the Defender seems pretty small, but fear not it’s about as gutsy as they get.
Pushing European spec trucks to the maximum are the UK monster trucks like Black Ice. Usually based on things like a Toyota HiLux, these ground-munching monsters have the audacity of their American cousins, but that more familiar British-style to them. You’ll be tackling the main monster trucks course here at East Grinstead and you’ll need to keep your wits about you - it could get a bit hairy out there.
The grand finale has to be the maxi monster truck that is Grizzly. You’ve all seen the huge US trucks blasting around those big arenas on the telly. Now this is your chance to bring your very own American monster drive to life in East Grinstead.
For this experience it's UK vs US monster truck as you get to drive both of these massive motors. But there’s only one truck for the very last task - driving over and crushing two cars. For that, you’ll need the height and power of that 7.5l Chevvy-based maxi monster truck they call Grizzly.
• Available on selected weekend dates throughout the year
• Additional days can be booked for groups of more than 3, subject to availability
• Minimum age 17
• A driving licence is not required but participants must know how to drive
• Drivers who are over 2 metres tall or weighing 20 stone may not fit in all the vehicles
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing suitable for outdoor facilities and flat-soled shoes that will provide good grip and support on muddy, uneven terrain.
• These monster trucks make an amazing spectacle and up to two spectators per driver are welcome to attend on the day, subject to sign on
• There are no indoor viewing areas and as there are vehicles driving around the site it is not suitable for very young children
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please note Monster Truck drives do not operate on the same day as the ride experiences at this location
• East Grinstead, West Sussex