• Upon arrival enjoy a glass of Champagne and nibbles or try wine infused coffee with bite sized delicacies
• Guided tour of the vineyard
• Explore the 7 different vine plantations including Chardonnay, two varieties of Pinot Noir, Bacchus, Solaris, Reichensteiner, Pinotin
• Learn about the history of the vineyard
• Three course lunch served in the 'Motley Cru' Wine bar
• You will be served a different wine with each course
• Hand roasted & blended coffee 'Trail Blaze' served with homemade petit fours
• Informal discussion over coffee about the estate and its vineyard journey
• Meet 'The Woolly Cru' a rare breed of Swiss Valais Blacknose Sheep
• Opportunity to visit the vineyard trails and explore at your leisure
• Goody bag to take home with you
What Can I Expect
While away a day at the Kenton Park Estate on this lovely vineyard experience in Devon! This is the story of a family who fell in love with a country estate, decided to buy it and brought the vineyard back to life. It’s a fascinating and magical tale you’ll love to hear!
The Oliphant-Thompson family bought this pretty farm estate in 2017. The previous owner had produced some award-winning wines in the past, so the self-penned ‘Motley Cru’ immediately got to work to re-plant the vineyard and start their incredible journey into the world of wine.
There are now 15,000 vines growing in the microclimate that surrounds Kenton Park Estate. From Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, to Bacchus and Reichensteiner, these grapes grow happily in this beautiful corner of Devon. The seasonal mists certainly bring their magic to the fruitfulness and the family now produces a fine collection of wines, including the wonderfully named ‘Grape Escape’ and ‘Flying Start’ wines.
For your visit to Kenton, you’ll be guided round the vineyards, hearing all about the family’s story as you stroll. Affectionately known as ‘Chateau Jotty’ it’s certainly been a labour of love and a huge learning curve for Ben, the rugby-playing son who has been pivotal in the vineyards rebirth.
The proof, as they say, is in the tasting and this is just what you’ll be doing next over lunch in the Motley Cru Wine Bar on the estate. You’ll be treated to a three-course meal, with a different wine accompanying each dish. And make sure you save room of the Devonshire cheese platter and then the delicious Cafe-Gourmand, where hand-crafted sweet treats are served with hand-ground coffee. Just divine.
You can round off your vineyard experience in Devon with a stroll around the estate, where you’ll meet the Woolly Cru (the gorgeous rare-breed Swiss Valais Blacknose sheep), come across pheasants, partridges and even free-roaming deer as you wander. We think Kenton Park Estate in the foothills of the Haldon Hills is a lovely place to visit!
• Selected summer dates, generally from the beginning of June to the end of September
• Experiences generally start at 11:30 finishing at around 15:00
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear should be worn for the tour (wellies are recommended)
• Kenton Park Estate, Exeter, Devon