• An introduction to the Cooking Academy
• Sample Asian spices with a glass of wine or cocktail as you learn how to make a range of marinades
• After preparing the ingredients you will then have plenty of hands on cookery time as you prepare four dishes
• You may choose to eat in or take away the dishes you have created
• Full days also include preparing a range of canapés, mains and desserts
• Each session can be tailored to suit your culinary abilities
• You will be in a group of up to 6 participants on the day
What Can I Expect
Get on the spice trail with these Indian Cooking Classes in Hertfordshire! Classes take place at this cooking academy in Rickmansworth that specialises in Indian and a whole host of other culinary flavours. Situated just north of the capital, the school is accessible from central London by Underground, so these classes are convenient as well as convivial.
We're sure the Friday night Indian takeaway will never taste the same again once you've garnered the cooking skills to make your own feast of proper Indian food with these half and full days workshops. Both classes start with a look at spices - the essence of Indian cookery. You'll learn how to source, choose and blend spices to make the perfect marinades and sauces, with the opportunity to try the methods out for yourself.
These classes are entirely hands-on and during your session in the kitchens you'll have time to try out some delectable Indian recipes such as Chili Chicken Kebabs and Paneer (a type of Indian cheese) Tikka. Those opting for the full day classes will be cooking a wider range of main courses, as well classic Indian starters and desserts.
For these Indian cooking classes the focus is very much on the role of fresh herbs and spices. All ingredients are provided and you can eat your creations there and then, or take them home with you for a homemade Indian feast you'll be proud to have cooked yourself - and any friends of amily lucky enough to taste your concoctions are sure to agree!
• Selected dates throughout the year
• Half day courses run from 10am until 1:30pm
• Full day courses run from 10am until 4pm
• It is recommended that comfortable clothing is worn as well as sensible footwear due to the practical nature of the class
• There is a minimum age of 16 years to attend these classes
• No previous experience in cookery is necessary
• Spectators are not permitted
• The cooking academy boasts large kitchens and demonstration areas for each chef
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire