• 2 seater lessons are in a Motor Glider giving you the chance enjoy a demonstration of unpowered flight
• All experiences include a pre-flight briefing and the chance to fly the aircraft
• A personalised certificate is also included
More amazing flying lessons are available by gift voucher nationwide
What Can I Expect
Come fly with us and discover a whole new world with these flying lessons over Oxfordshire. Choose between a glider or light aircraft and enjoy some quality airtime as you take in the iconic sights of landmarks such as Blenheim Palace, in addition to the well-known scholarly sprawl of Oxford itself.
Located just 15 miles from the university city, this friendly aero club offers you the chance to soar up into the skies for either a 30 or 60 minute flying lesson in one of their popular planes. See Oxfordshire from a totally different perspective as you glide effortlessly high above the ground.
Our Oxfordshire club offers you the chance to hitch a ride in the rather distinctive Diamond HK36 Super Dimona motorglider. This bounteous beauty is a fixed wing aircraft with a large wingspan that can operate with or without engine power – so you can build up the necessary speed for a standard take-off, but then soar among the clouds in silent serenity before drifting back to land on Oxford’s terra firma.
As part of your experience, you’ll be paired with a trained flying instructor for the entirety of your lesson, and whilst they’ll be in charge of getting you airborne, as well as the final descent and landing, you can watch and learn – and once you’re safely at cruising altitude, it’s your turn! Take the controls, keep a steady hand on the throttle and that’s it – you’re an honorary pilot!
With virtually unrestricted airspace at your fingertips, the Enstone-based Oxfordshire club is the ideal place to get your flying lessons off the ground. There are also two runways – one tarmac, one grass – and an apron on which to park your plane right in front of the clubhouse. The aerodrome offers snacks including homemade cakes, which are sure to be a welcome treat for participants and spectators alike.
You simply can’t beat the sensation of flying, especially when you’re the one in control. When you’re thousands of feet up with our taster flying lessons, Oxfordshire could fit in the palm of your hand – and that’s an unforgettable experience.
• Lessons are usually available 7 days a week throughout the year
• All lessons are subject to weather conditions
• Minimum age is 14
• You need to be 6'4" or under
• Maximum weight limit of 14 stone
• Spectators are very welcome, the club is proud of its friendly atmosphere
• There is a clubhouse on site with an outside viewing area overlooking the runway, drinks and snacks can be purchased on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The airfield is near Chipping Norton around 15 miles North West of Oxford, within easy reach of Banbury and Bicester
• The airfield has good access via junctions 9 or 10 of the M40