• Drive a 2 litre rear wheel drive Ford Escort rally car
• All experiences start with a safety briefing
• Driving session learning handbrake turns
• Participant to instructor ratio is 5:1
• Professional rally suits fitted and helmets with intercoms are provided
• Refreshments are included
• 4 laps of the 3/4 mile rally stage with the 4th being a timed lap
• Trophy and bubbly for the fastest time
• Experiences last approximately 1 hour 45 minutes
Half Day Rally
• 6 laps of a longer 1 mile rally stage with the 6th being a timed lap
• Trophy and bubbly for the fastest time with plaques for all other drivers
• Experiences last approximately 3 hours
Full Day Rally
• 4 laps of the 3/4 mile rally stage and 2 laps of the longer 1 mile rally stage
• Break for lunch (not included but available to purchase at the local pub)
• Briefing session followed by 3 additional laps of the 3/4 mile rally stage and 4 laps of the 1 1/4 mile rally stage against the clock
• Trophy for the fastest time, trophy and bubbly for the 'best improver' of the day and plaques for all other drivers
What Can I Expect
Get set for this superb RS rally driving experience in Yorkshire! At this Yorkshire rally driving school it's minimal talking and maximum driving time. What's more, you'll drive one of the all-time classic rally cars that won every RAC Rally between 1975 and 1979; the rear wheel drive RS2000 Ford Escort.
Opting for the taster session will see you jumping into the Mark II Escort for an initial session to nail those handbrake turns. Then you’re off for a four laps of the special taster stage, so you can have a go at the rallying basics, with the instructor teaching you. Your fourth pass on the track will be a timed one to see who will be the rally taster champion of Yorkshire.
The half day rally driving course also begins with handbrake turns. You'll then head out for six laps around the half day special rally stage; a twisting circuit of mud and gravel. It's time to go for broke for the sixth and final lap, as this one’s timed. The quickest driver wins the trophy and the champers, whilst runners up get plaques. You can expect to get around 35 minutes of actual drive time with this half day rally experience at this Yorkshire school.
On the full day you get a lot more rallying time around this Yorkshire venue. It all starts with a handbrake turn session, followed by four laps of the taster stage. Your morning is rounded off with a couple of laps on the longer half day stage. Your pitstop for lunch can be taken a local pub, so you can refuel with some good Yorkshire grub (to paid for locally), before getting back to the rallying.
The afternoon rally session will start with another three laps of that intermediate stage, before you tackle the big one. The extended rally special stage is the longest at this Yorkshire centre and offers all the challenges that any pro rallyer would face. All four laps of this intense stage are timed, so keep your wits about you. For all that extra effort, all drivers take home a trophy, with awards for fastest and best improver too.
If you love rallying and want to experience it in an authentic setting, driving one the all-time classic rally cars, these rally experiences in Yorkshire are the ideal match. And remember, there are no lengthy classroom sessions, it’s all about getting out there on the various loose gravel stages and getting on with the serious business of rallying!
• Courses run on selected dates and throughout the year, subject to availability
• Sessions operate on selected Fridays and occasional Saturdays and Sundays
• Sessions start at 9am, 11.15am and 1.30pm
Half Day Rally
• Available on selected Saturdays and Sundays
• Sessions start at 9am and 1pm
Full Day Rally
• Choose from a weekday only voucher valid for Thursdays and Fridays or to include weekends opt for the anytime voucher
• Experiences start at 9am and finishing around 4pm
• Drivers must hold a driving licence, which must be presented on the day
• Minimum height 4''7"
• Maximum 6''6"
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Please bring long sleeved top, trousers and flat soled shoes
• Up to 4 spectators per driver are welcome free of charge
• Additional spectators are subject to a £5 charge per person
• Children are permitted by prior arrangement only
• No pets are allowed on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• High speed passenger rides are available to purchase on the day for drivers and spectators
• Seaton Ross, North Yorkshire
• Conveniently located approximately half way between York and Hull