• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 3 sighting laps as a passenger to learn the racing lines and braking points
• 1 High speed passenger lap in a track prepared sports car (Evo X, Impreza STi or BMW M3)
• Drive the Dodge Viper VX SRT for 10 laps under 1:1 instruction
• Each lap is approximately 1km
• Performance driving debrief with your instructor
• Experiences last approximately one and a half hours
What Can I Expect
Go all-American supercar on yourself with this Dodge Viper experience! If ever there was a car that epitomises the American ideal that bigger is better, the Dodge Viper SRT is it. This is your chance to drive a rarely-seen-in-this-country, last generation Dodge Viper VX SRT. Prepare to be blown away by this charger of a car.
So back to the ‘bigger is better’ idea. Just take a look at this Viper. The bonnet (sorry, hood) is gigantesque. The styling is about as bold as it can get. And all those louvres and air intakes? They’re to increase down force and decrease front lift, which might give you a hint as to what this car is like to drive out on the airfield track.
The Dodge Viper SRT is powered by a ‘ludicrous’ (that’s how this Dodge Viper driving experience supplier describes it!) 8.4l V10 all-aluminium engine. Eight-point-four litres? That’s right. Utterly ridiculous in this day and age and powerful enough to get a truck fully loaded with corn dogs and soda to break the sound barrier, so imagine what it’s like in this Dodge.
There’s reverb and vibration galore inside the cockpit of this Viper, as if you needed reminding that you where basically sitting just down from a 8.4l V10. You’ve got over 640bhp at your disposition and a 0-62mph time just touching three seconds. No wonder this car comes with Sabelt racing seats as standard. And as for the handling? Well, when you think the SRT bit stands for ‘Street and Race Technology’, you’ll see this rear wheel drive monster has that classic drag racing style to it.
Despite all the pretty amazing credentials, the VX generation of Dodge Viper was to be its last. Production ceased in 2017, with poor sales being cited. The car was never destined for European sales, so this is an imported left hand drive version you’ll be driving, making it a very rare beast indeed. Brash and bold motoring at its best from across the Atlantic, we think you’ll love the Dodge Viper experience at Bovingdon Airfield.
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 2ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• Spectators are welcome to come along
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage Waiver can be paid with zero excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hemstead, Hertfordshire