• Return coach / mini-bus travel (dependent on group size) from London
• A guided tour of Cardiff lasting approximately one hour with a local Welsh guide
• Lunch break with free time to explore Cardiff (lunch not included)
• Entrance to Caerphilly Castle with time to explore
• Scenic tour back to London through the Welsh Valleys
What Can I Expect
Book a day trip to Wales to explore Cardiff and Caerphilly Castle too! These Wales tours from London include return coach travel from the capital and knowledgeable local guides to show you around, so all you have to do is turn up and enjoy the organised travel and tours.
It’s a fairly early start for these Cardiff tours, but it does mean you maximise your time on your visit to Cardiff. Pick up points include central London locations, giving you plenty of choice for your travel plans into London for these tours to Wales.
With a comfort stop along the way, the aim is to be in Cardiff by about 11:45. You’ll be met by a local guide, who will then take you on a walking tour of Wales’s capital city. Sitting on the coast where the River Taff meets the Severn Estuary, there’s lots to see on these Cardiff day trips. You’ll love the rather eccentric Cardiff Castle, the imposing stone-built National Museum and the modern splendour of the Principality (Millennium) Stadium, with lots more landmarks besides.
It’s a fairly leisurely pace, but there’s a lot to see in a hour. After your guide waves you goodbye, you have free time to visit Cardiff and have lunch for around an hour before it’s back to the coach. One of the most cited things to do when in Cardiff is to head out to Caerphilly Castle, so that's where you'll spend your afternoon. It’s a lovely Medieval castle that’s a true delight to visit.
These Cardiff tours include entrance to Caerphilly Castle. Once inside you’re free to explore. You can climb turrets and towers, wander around the restored rooms (we love the very grand Great Hall) and enjoy strolls in the parklands by the moat. It’s Wales’s largest castle (and the second largest in the whole of the UK), so it is huge and very impressive.
Having discovered Cardiff city centre with guide, had lunch and enjoyed time exploring Caerphilly Castle, it’s time to board the coach back. Sit back and relax in your seat, browse all those photos you took and reflect upon your day trip to Wales, as you whizz back up the M4 to London.
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Coaches depart from various London pick up points between 7.30 and 8.30am, returning between 8.30 and 9.30pm (depending on traffic)
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Coach departure and arrival times will be on your E-Ticket after booking with the operator
Departure points and times from London
• London Bridge: 7.30am
• Victoria: 7.50am
• Earls Court: 8.15am
• Hammersmith: 8.30am