• Choose from a 25 or 50 clay shoot
• Tuition is on a 1:1 basis with a qualified coach
• Experience different scenarios and varying difficulty levels
• 20 bore and 12 bore shotguns are available
• A shooting vest and ear defenders are provided
• Refreshments are included
• Please allow approximately 1-1.5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
If you fancy firing off a few cartridges get booked in for a session of clay pigeon shooting in Sittingbourne! This is your chance to crush clays to dust in the Kent countryside mid-way between Maidstone and the Isle of Sheppey.
This Kent-based outdoor pursuits centre has been running clay shoots since 1988, so when it comes to teaching you how to line up a shot and blast that fast-flying clay right out the sky, they certainly know their stuff.
What we like about this Sittingbourne ground is the variety, so there’ll be plenty to keep both the absolute beginner and the competent shooters entertained. There's even a good stock of guns available for these clay shoots, including 12 and 20 gauge. A 12 bore has a larger range than a 20, but it is heavier and has more recoil (that’s to say the ‘knock’ to the shoulder you experience after pulling the trigger). There is also a choice between over-and-under and semi-automatic types.
As for the targets, well those pesky clays will be coming at you from every which way. That’s the beauty of multi-stand sporting clays, there might be single or pairs flying through the air and all following any one of a wide range of trajectories - all designed to keep the shooter on their toes as they track their ‘prey’.
We should also mention the tuition here in Sittingbourne. Quite simply, the team believes the key to success at clays is to have one on one coaching, which is how these experiences are run. That means you have the sole attention of your shooting coach and you’ll progress at a speed almost as fast as those clays are being propelled through the sunny skies of eastern Kent.
We are offering clay pigeon shooting in Sittingbourne with 25 or 50 clays to aim at. Everything you need to get started is provided for you, including shooting vest, ear protection and, of course, the right bore gun for you and the cartridges. The centre is open all year round and hotshots as young as 14 can take part - so why not make it a family day out!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Minimum height 4.5ft
• Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Spectators are welcome to watch from the viewing area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear comfortable clothing, with a top that covers your shoulders
• Sittingbourne, Kent