A Chocolate Making Workshop
• Introduction to the history of chocolate making
• Tasting of different flavour combinations and the bean to bar journey including 100% pure chocolate
• Create your own giant chocolate button using professional dipping forks to create marbled effects
• Make fresh cream truffles with dark chocolate ganache, milk chocolate fudge, bowls of melted chocolate
• Decorate your truffles using white chocolate flakes, honeycomb and strawberry curls
• You will take home approximately 15 handmade chocolates and your giant button, packaged in ribbon tied bags
• Workshops last for 2 hours
• You may be part of a group of up to 30 people
What Can I Expect
Sign up for one of these chocolate making classes in Manchester and indulge yourself in a fun session surrounded by cocoa! If you like chocolate, you will love this activity that takes place at the Townhouse Hotel in the beating heart of Manchester. Be prepared to get stuck in as you learn how to make a range of tasty chocolate products using gorgeously goey chocolate.
On arrival at this Mancuian landmark building, you’ll be shown to the corporate room where your class will take place and be greeted by the chocolatier who will be hosting event. These classes are all about showing you just how the art of making chocolates is perfected - with lots of mess to make as your work your chocolate!
Your host will give you a little historical run down of how we went from discovering the humble cocoa bean, to consuming tons off chocolates each year, as well as explaining the whole process from cocoa bean to bar. Then it's over to you to get into groups and get creative with the ganaches and gooey chocolate fudge to come up with tasty treats. During the course of these Manchester-based sessions you will also be able to make a giant chocolate button, decorated in your very own personal style.
These workshops use chocolate from Belgian chocolatiers Belcolade from their organic collection. That means all Peruvian and Dominican cocoa beans, cane sugar and vanilla pods used to make the chocolate is grown organically. What's more, the cocoa content is nice in high in both the milk and dark chocolate, giving them low viscosity so they are ideal for dipping and enrobing chocolate creations. That’s the technical gubbins done, but no doubt you’re wanting to now how many choccies you’ll be making?
Well, this chocolate making class in Manchester will last around 2 hours. That means you have lots of time to sniff, taste and create chocolate - as well as having a good time. And, as we alluded to earlier, you don't leave empty handed. Depending on how nifty with the dipping, rolling and decorating you are, you will be able to take around 15 of your creations home with you in a pretty hand tied bag.
• Workshops run on Saturdays and occasional Sundays with either a 11:00 or 15:00 start time
• Groups of eight or more may usually choose different times
• A love of chocolate is obligatory
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• An apron is included - so no need to bring your own
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Townhouse Hotel, Manchester