• The experience will last one hour including briefings, tutorial and practice
• Vouchers can be purchased for a minimum of two people
• Welcome and introduction participants
• Be kitted out with your equipment and receive a short tutorial
• Practice your skills on the range and aim for gold using the high velocity bows
• If you are feeling competitive participants can be spilt into teams, whoever scores the highest points wins
• Try your hand at 3 shooting disciplines; Archery, Air Rifle Target Shooting and paintball target shooting
Archery lessons are also available at other locations around the UK.
What Can I Expect
Go shooting and learn archery in Newcastle in the grounds of a gorgeous Edwardian manor house! Yes, the setting for your session with the bows, arrows, paintballs and pellets is truly superb, with the turrets and towers of the De Vere Slaley Hall Hotel looking down on you as you have a go at these target-based outdoor sports.
We are offering two experiences here in Newcastle. You can go for archery pure and simple, or mix it up a bit with our combo experience that offers a trio of shooting missions including archery, paintball and air rifling. Whichever you pick, the majestic Slaney Hall is an unbeatable location with over 1,000 acres of parkland surrounding the mansion. What’s more, the instructors here at wonderful Slaney are more than happy to share their enthusiasm with beginners, intermediate shooters and professional marksmen and women alike.
All of the archery sessions at this Newcastle site start in the same way; with a safety briefing, where you’ll also be given forearm protectors and finger guards if needed. Then it’s out to the practice range, where you’ll be shown how to stand correctly, how to load and aim your arrow, as well as how to complete a smooth release. Don’t worry if you miss the target to begin with – archery shooting is unlike any other sport and the techniques and manoeuvres take a little getting used to. By the end of your round, though, we’d expect you to be firing arrows with confidence, if not ease!
The bows favoured by modern archers across the UK are recurve and compound bows, both of which are suitable for archers of all ages and abilities. The Newcastle team will help you select the best bow size and type for your height, weight and build, so you can draw back and release without forcing the shot.
For those on the combined experience, you will then have another two shooting sessions to enjoy. Staring down the barrel of the air rifle to try and topple over the field targets, you'll need all the concentration and calmness you can muster, unlike the next activity you'll be trying - paintball. Yep, it's time to get the overalls and helmet on and get ready to run around like a mad thing and try to take out your opponents with those pesky little balls of paint.
Once you've got the hang of each discipline, these shooting games are really quite addictive and can bring out that competitive instinct in you. These experiences often turn into gripping challenges, as new recruits aim to be the hot shot of the day. Why not see if you’ve got that fighting spirit with shoot 'em up sessions that include a morning of archery? Newcastle offers fantastic surroundings and top quality instruction, so if you’ve ever wanted to shoot for success, this is the place to do it.
• Experiences are available seven days a week throughout the year
• There is a minimum age of 8 years old
• Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
• There is a lodge cabin onsite for spectators and guests
• There is also a hotel within the grounds with luxury accommodation, a bar, restaurants, spa and golf courses if you are interested in staying in the area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Archery sessions take place within the 1000 acres of Slaley Hall, an Edwardian Mansion
• Located around 20 miles west of Newcastle in Hexham