• The archery session lasts for an hour
• Safety briefing, tuition on how to hold the bow, loading an arrow and release
• After coaching and practice shots the session will end with a fun competition or personal scored round of 16 arrows
• Personalised certificate
• All tuition is provided by experienced archers with the head coaches GNAS (Grand National Archery Society) qualified and registered
• You may be forming part of a small group with other guests
Archery Combo for Two
• A 30 minute archery session
• Choose a second 30 minute taster session from Laser Clays, Air Rifles or Axe/knife throwing
• Personalised certificate
What Can I Expect
There's a bit of twist when you have a go at archery in Hertfordshire. You will be taking part in a 'bare bow' archery session that basically means the recurve bows you'll be using don't have sights on them, so it's all about using your co-ordination and balance to line up your shots.
This family-owned and run centre at the rather lovely Three Lakes Leisure park near Ware in Hertfordshire has made sure the emphasis is most definitely on fun, whilst ensuring you have all the latest top-notch archery gear to play with. So that means modern ally tube arrows and those wooden recurve bows.
You'll be aiming at competition standard, full-sized targets either indoors or outdoors. The teaching here in Hertfordshire is also second to none, as tutors are fully GNAS (Grand National Archery Society) qualified, so you're sure to progress quickly. The venue has an excellent range of bows ready to be used on this introductory experiences and one will be handpicked with the right amount of pull needed to fire an arrow, according to your age, strength and build.
With the range of archery kit on offer, children from the age of 10 upwards can enjoy these archery experiences so you can make it a proper family day out in Hertfordshire. We sell vouchers for one, two or groups of up to eight people and you will be part of a small group for your session, but a voucher for eight of you will mean you get exclusive use of this range overlooking the lakes, so you can heckle and cajole to your heart's content!
Once you've got the hang of archery, the experience ends with a competition-style round of 16 arrows, with the highest scorer being the announced the master or mistress of the arrows of archery in Hertfordshire, for that little splash of competitiveness.
• The venue is open all year round on most weekends and some weekdays
• Some sessions may be run indoors if strong winds or heavy rain are expected
• Minimum age is 10 years
• Under 16's must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Not suitable for people with neck or shoulder injuries
Archery Combo Session
• Minimum age is 14 years. If opting for the axe/knife throwing you must be 16+
• Spectators are always welcome including supervised children
• There is a large car park, wheelchair access to the site
• Outdoor seating area
• Hot and cold refreshments are available to purchase on site
• The farm complex also offers a family friendly restaurant, licensed bar, 9 hole golf course and fishing lakes
• Other outdoor activities are usually available for guests and spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You should wear suitable outdoor clothing
• Long hair should be tied back, loose jewellery, long necklaces and facial piercings must be removed
• The venue is an outdoor activity centre on the outskirts of Ware
• 6 miles from Stevenage, with easy access from J25/26 of the M25
We also offer
archery classes in London if you're visiting the capital and wish to hone your shooting skills.