Summer Proms Spectacular for Two
• Your experience provides entry for two people at a classical prom
• Car Parks open from 2:00pm, gates open at around 4:00pm, concerts finish at approximately 10.30pm and include: traditional fairground stalls, Napoleonic encampment and Cavalry, live warm up band, Spitfire air display, infantry displays, fireworks and evening gun salute
• The music begins at around 7.30pm and includes the New English Concert Orchestra playing classic anthems, a young instrumental soloist and soprano singer with a selection of arias and operettas
Tickets for Two with Prosecco
• A Bottle of Le Dolci Colline Prosecco with two long stem plastic flutes to toast the summer evening in style, chilled and waiting for collection on arrival
Tickets for Two with Picnic
• This option includes a delicious picnic for two people
What Can I Expect
Delight in any of a number of picnic concerts at some of England's finest country house estates for a quintessentially British evening of music, entertainments and fireworks. These open-air concerts during the balmy months of July and August are incredibly popular.
Concert goers gather in the grounds to soak up the festival atmosphere and enjoy the classical live music. Beethoven's ambitious 'Battle Symphony', which includes the live firing of 193 cannons as part of the music score percussion, gives its name to these Battle Proms concerts, filled with soul-stirring music performed by a full orchestra on the purpose-built stage.
Every year the programme features star soloists from the world of music and of course, an emotional finale with an impressive fireworks display. The music programme includes a range of classy classics, from rousing traditional tunes and flag-waving favourites, to moving arias.
As well as the music, the battle theme continues at these proms with cavalry displays combining horsemanship with sword skills in a show that pays homage to Napoleonic times. With echoes of national pride and solidarity, these concerts also include a Spitfire flying display, which is always a crowd pleaser. The concert proper starts in the late afternoon so it's well worth getting there when the gates open around 4.00pm!
Of course, these concerts just wouldn't be the same without food or some Fizz, so why not upgrade your tickets to include the picnic basket option and you'll be furnished with a tasty spread or the Prosecco option for a bottle of bubbly!
Every year there is a full programme of concerts for you to choose from. The proms organisers support the charity Combat Stress, so each ticket sold will be helping raise funds too.
Picnic, music and friends all in a stunning setting, these concerts offer an excellent evening of summer entertainment that can be made even more special by sharing a delicious picnic too!
Check out our main gifts section for more amazing gift ideas from IntotheBlue.
• Available on selected Saturdays in July and August
• Concerts go ahead in most weathers
• Air displays are subject to weather conditions
• Vouchers must be booked and redeemed before 11 August 2018
• Tickets are subject to availability and it is recommended to book early to avoid disappointment
• The Proms are suitable for all ages and there is no dress code
• Unders 5's may enter for free
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Barbecues, camping stoves and fires are not permitted
• Entrance to houses and grounds is not included
• Guests can bring a gazebo however these must be set up at the back of the auditorium and spaces may be limited
• Disabled parking is provided
• Food and drink can be purchased onsite
• There is a licenced bar at all events
• If you opt for the picnic or prosecco option these are collected from the onsite 'picnic collection point' adjacent to the main box office, within 2 hours of the gate opening times
• Seating is not provided so please bring your own camping chairs/rugs etc
• All visitors are welcome to bring their own food and drink. Some packages include a picnic/drink
Battle Prom Dates
• Burghley House, Lincolnshire 7 July 2018
• Hatfield House, Hertfordshire 14 July 2018
• Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire 21 July 2018
• Highclere Castle, Hampshire 4 August 2018
• Ragley Hall, Warwickshire 11 August 2018