• Your experience will begin with a safety briefing and instruction session
• After you feel comfortable with the feel and control technique of the segway you will begin your tour around the grounds as you see sights of the Castle not usually seen by those travelling on foot
• The experience will last for just over an hour
• No castle entry ticket is necessary to take part in the adventure
What Can I Expect
Sightseeing with a difference when you Segway at Leeds Castle in Kent! And no, it's not just any part of the Garden of England you'll be exploring on these two-wheeled personal transporters, you'll be Segway touring around the grounds of one of the county's biggest tourist attractions - the magical Leeds Castle.
The Segway base here at the fabulous Leeds Castle is located just behind the main ticket office and shop. Worth noting is the fact that you won't need to buy an entrance ticket to the castle to be able to ride your Segway. The team here at Leeds Castle has been organising and hosting their scenic and adventurous Segway tours since 2008, so you'd have to agree they certainly know their way around, so expect a bit of discovery tour!
With over 500 acres of lush park lands surrounding this ridiculously romantic Leeds castle, a Segway is the ideal way to get around. Of course, expert riders are on hand to show you how to control the thing, which, despite looking tricky, is pretty easy to master. Once in control of your Segway, you will delight in heading off up and down the grassy banks and knolls of Leeds Castle.
Using the X2 cross country-equipped Segway, you'll be heading off the public paths of Leeds Castle on these rugged machines to tour the castle on a route which isn't normally open to the public, giving you a very privileged view point from which to see 'the loveliest castle in the world'. As you glide along, your Segway guide will point out the main sights, from the famous Leeds Castle moat and Maiden's Tower, to Lady Baillie's garden and the aviary.
You will be on your Segway at Leeds Castle for the best part of an hour, giving you plenty of time to have fun riding one of these ingenious gadgets. More than just a 'gave go Segway session' these tours of Leeds Castle on an electric-powered Segway giving you a very different perspective of this iconic castle near Maidstone. We think you'll like it! See our main Segway section for more exciting Segway activities around the UK.
• Experiences operate seven days a week from March to October
• During Autumn and Winter experiences operate less frequently
• There is a minimum age of 13 years to take part in this experience
• Minimum weight 7 stone
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• There is a maximum weight limit of 17.5 stone
• Comfortable, outdoor clothing is recommended as well as sensible, flat soled footwear
• There is a maximum group size of 8 participants
• Spectators are welcome to watch participants during the training experience however will not be able to view the experience once participants begin the castle grounds tour
• Free facilities onsite include parking, access to the castle gift shop, a coffee kiosk (open in spring and summer and weekends only in autumn and winter)
• Other facilities that can access by purchasing a entry ticket to the grounds include the onsite restaurant and kids play area
• Entry is £24.50 for adults and £16.50 for children
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Segway adventures take place within the 500 acres of scenic grounds at Leeds Castle
• Seven miles east of Maidstone, Kent