• Preflight briefing with your pilot
• Your flight will last for 30 or 60 minutes depending on the voucher chosen
• These lessons will be in a 2 seater Cessna 152
• Flight times are quoted 'chock to chock', ie. from when the plane starts to taxi, to when it switches off at the end of the lesson
Calling all Londoners for Flying Lessons in London! Just 10 minutes from North London, well within the M25 and with easy access by public transport too, this flying school offers lessons based out of Elstree aerodrome in Hertfordshire is really convenient for aspiring pilots in the capital and the home counties.
Chief Flying Instructor, founder and director of the school is Ivan Kurbanov, who has many thousands of hours of flying time, mostly instructing. He has a passion for flying and loves being up in the air on lessons and teaching others how to fly in the skies near London. Joining him is deputy CFI Nadir Ghoorbi who is also a highly experienced instructor pilot in light aircraft, alongside other fully qualified pilot instructors, most of whom work full time at London-based centre and will be only too pleased to take you up.
The planes hangared at this vibrant club in Hertfordshire are the two seater Cessna 152. The configuration inside the cockpit is side by side and all the planes are dual-controlled, so when it comes to you having your go at actually flying the plane there's no hot-seat mid-air changeover above the London skyline needed!
Both aircraft are renowned as being the best training aeroplanes there are, as they are rugged and easy for novices to get to grips with during flying lessons. London is obviously a pretty busy place when it comes to airspace and although this airfield is very near to London's city centre, it's far enough away to enjoy fewer restrictions, meaning you can maximise your flying time, rather than sitting in a take off queue on the runway.
There are several options for your flying lessons training out of London. If you choose a flight in a two seater aircraft it will just be you and the instructor flying.
• Weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• Flights are weather dependent
• Elstree Aerodrome, Herfordshire
• Minimum age for a lesson is 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Two forms of identity including photographic ID will be required on the day
Two seater Restrictions:
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1ins
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities