Hop aboard a Segway and experience the coolest way to enjoy an off-road drive! These futuristic, eco-friendly, two-wheeler vehicles are so easy to master that you’ll find yourself ready to go in no time. Whether you are a nature lover looking to trek around countryside roads or you prefer a purpose-built course to test your driving skills, our segway experiences make for a great day outdoors! Segway FAQS
• Cheap Segway tours - no castle entry ticket needed • Tour the castle before it opens to the public • Ride routes not normally accessible by visitors • See the moat, aviary, Maiden's Tower and much more
• Segway obstacle course & treks south of Manchester • This is a 160-acre working farm on edge of Staffs • Sessions run by a team that sells Segways • Experiences last around 1hr, on weekday & weekends
• Explore the Mount Edgecombe Estate nr Plymouth • Most guests arrive by the Plymouth-Cremyll ferry • Coastal & wildlife Segway tours - stunning scenery • Includes a 100ft hill slalom run on your x2 Segway
• Segway Woodland Adventure - Sherwood Forest, Notts • Take it in turns to ride a X2 off road Segway • Explore over 150 acres of classic woods & forest • Three Segways out on the trails at any one time
• Segwaying at an outdoor driving centre near Thirsk • Ride practice, obstacle and cross country courses • Your own X2 off road Segway for the duration • Kids at least 4ft tall can Segway at this venue
• Drive a trio of unusual vehicles on this multi drive • Takes place at Frodsham Marshes in Cheshire • Try the DTV Shredder, grass karts & hovercrafts • Ideal event for stag and hen outings - great fun
Segways give you the opportunity to experience the off-roads in a unique way that four wheels vehicles don’t. Not only that, but it’s also a great way to do a bit of sightseeing without getting your feet all sore and tired!
Who It’s Not For
If you are not too keen with the self-balancing aspect of segway driving or feel a bit uneasy driving on two wheels, then this experience might not be for you. It can also get a bit messy during rainy weather, so if you do not like getting a bit of mud here and there, you might want to pass this one.
Yes, all our Segway tour experiences include a full safety briefing upon arrival, as well as a beginning session where you’ll be taught the basic control techniques by a professional instructor. Not only that, but you’ll also be provided with a helmet, knee and elbow pads before you set off.
What should I wear for a segway experience?
It is recommended to wear comfortable, casual clothes that will allow free movement. It’s also a good idea to bring waterproofs in case of rainy weather. For footwear, closed toe shoes are the ideal option. Avoid wearing unprotective shoes such as flip flops, high heels or toe open shoes.
Can I ride a segway while pregnant?
Unfortunately, this experience isn’t suitable for pregnant women due to the inherent health and safety reasons.
Is there a weight and height limit?
Yes. The minimum weight to participate in this experience is 7stone (45kg) and a maximum of 17.5-18 stone (117kg). All participants must be at least 4'5" in height (134cm).
Is there a minimum age restriction?
Yes, there is. Usually the minimum age is between 10-13 years old, but this can vary depending on what type of Segway experience you’re going for. Some segway tours also require riders under 18 to be accompanied by an adult. We recommend checking each activity for more information.
How hard is to learn to ride a Segway?
No hard at all! Actually, segways are one of the easiest vehicles to operate and master. Simply lean forward or backwards if you want to move and steer left or right to turn, that’s it!
What happens if there is bad weather?
Segways can operate during the rain and in wet conditions. Just remember to be careful as sometimes the rain will cause the roads to become a bit muddy and slippery.
However, please keep in mind that in cases of extreme weather conditions, such as flooding or snow, the experience might be affected and/or cancelled. In case of cancellation, you will be given as much notice as possible.
How long does a segway experience last?
Our segway experiences last between 30-90 minutes and all of them include an instruction and safety briefing, as well as a beginner’s handling session.
Where can I do a Segway experience?
We have dozens of venues across the country that offer fantastic segways tours. These are some of our currently available locations: