• Your chosen flight time
• A pre-flight briefing to explain how the controls affect the helicopter
• Flight durations include start up to shut down time
• A flight certificate
• The Robinson R22 is a 2 seater Helicopter
• The Robinson R44 option allows a passenger to accompany you and experience the flight from the rear seat
What Can I Expect
Plenty of choice with these helicopter lessons in Kent with 20, 30, 40 and 60 minute flights in the two seater R22 Robinson chopper and 20 or 30 minute flights in the bigger four seat R44 helicopter to choose from. Whether they'd just like to 'have a go' in a helicopter or are seriously hooked on helis, these lessons in Kent offer something for everyone.
This helicopter lesson provider near Ramsgate is an approved CAA Flight Training Organisation, based on the busy Manston airport. Now officially known as Kent International Airport, there'll be plenty going on to keep friends and family occupied during your lesson, with many commercial and freight flights at the airport. Imagine preparing for take off as a 747 taxis by right next to you!
If you choose a lesson in the four seater helicopter, you can invite a friend or loved one to join you onboard as a passenger. For all flights you will enjoy a pre-flight briefing where you are shown all the controls. Once airborne, you will take the controls of the chopper yourself. Those on a 60 minute helicopter lesson will get to learn more about the classic manoeuvre of hovering.
Whichever experience you choose, these helicopter lessons in Kent are sure to please with excellent facilities for friends and family to get close to the take off and landing action too.
• Flights are usually available 7 days a week, weather permitting
• Minimum age is 14 years
• Maximum weight for flights is 17 stone
• All guests will need to provide photographic ID in order to fly
• Friends and family are very welcome to come and watch your departure and arrival
• There are great views of the flying action from outside the reception area
• As this airport handles international passenger and freight flights there's always plenty to see from the air or ground
• There is a cafe onsite offering drinks and snacks
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Manston / Kent International Airport near Ramsgate