Boeing 737 Flight Simulator Experience
• Your chosen flight duration
• Welcome at the airport themed reception
• One to one tuition by a commercially qualified pilot
• The tuition will be tailored to your experience of flying and your choice of actions
• A 120 degree wrap around visual system for realism and genuine sounds
• A "jump" seat for your guest to share the experience with you
• This is a 'fixed base' simulator which does not move
What Can I Expect
Take to the skies in a 737 anywhere in the world from your seat in this flight simulator . These professional set-ups offer top level simulated flight training for us mere enthusiasts, as well as real pilots wanting to expand their experience of flying in different scenarios (think fog over Beijing, that short runway over the sea in Gibraltar, or a hail storm over Manhattan at night).
The standard of equipment on these simulators is second to none, with many some offering full motion too. We have to say, nothing here is just for show, as everything in this glass cockpit Boeing 737 simulator works; from the in flight oxygen and pressurisation controls, to the autopilot and Flight Management Computer (CDU). Even the throttle is motorised and there are moving trim wheels too. And yes, you get to switch on the seatbelt signs with that satisfying 'bong' noise!
At first those on the sim courses will be completely mesmerised by the gauges, dials, buttons, levers and digital displays that are everywhere in the cockpit and you might be thinking 'I'll never get this thing off the ground!', but you will, thanks to your patient pilot trainer who will be orchestrating your simulated flight from the first officer's seat, but where will you be going?
Well, that's the great thing about these experiences, as fans of flight sims get to pick their flight path. What you do and where you fly in this great hulk of a 737 airliner is entirely up to you. You can either do a full sector (ie a flight from A to B), or multiple aerial scenarios to maximise on the take offs and landings (which is what most simulator flyers prefer).
There is even room for a guest in the fold down extra seat that's located in the rear section of the cockpit. This is known as the' jump seat' in the commercial airline trade, so you can invite someone to 'come fly with me' on your simulated flight to see just how well you handle those controls on that 737. Great fun and a real test of your flying capabilities as you play the role of Boeing Captain!
• This experience is available seven days per week throughout the year
• Sessions run between 10am and 7pm
• The minimum age limit is 12
• Suitable for complete novices, domestic passengers or fully trained pilots
• Spectators are welcome to wait in the reception area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Gate to Gate: Upgrade when booking your date on the day for £24 adding an extra 15 minutes to your experience. This gives you the opportunity to start the aircraft, taxi to the runway then return to the gate and complete a full shutdown
• Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton
• Shoreham/ Brighton City Airport, Sussex
• Stackteads, Lancashire, around 30 minutes from Manchester centre