• Includes a pre-flight and safety briefing
• Introduction to the aircraft before taking off for your selected flight duration
• You'll have the chance to take the controls and fly the aircraft yourself under the guidance of the instructor
• Flight durations include take off and landing time
flying lessons on IntotheBlue's main flying section
What Can I Expect
Try flying in Northamptonshire at this convivial and relaxed airfield for a fun day out in the air! These lessons take off from Turweston aerodrome, just north of Brackley. All flight operations and air traffic movements are managed by this flying school, so you know you're at the heart of this small and friendly airfield with these lessons.
You can choose a trial flight duration of 30, 40 or 60 minutes, all taken in a Piper Cherokee dual-controlled light aircraft. Mike Robinson leads the team at this flying school and Mike has been flying since he was 14 and has clocked up over 11,000 hours of air time teaching people to fly. His enthusiasm with new trainees is inimitable, so the flying bug is sure to rub off on you too.
As all flying in Northamptonshire experiences are tailor made to suit, it's your choice if you prefer to take the flight time to see and photograph sights such as Silverstone and Althorp from the air, or if you prefer to get down to the serious business of flying and maximise your time at the cockpit controls. If you live nearby Turweston Airfield, you may even be able to fly over your house!
• Most weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to suitable weather conditions
• The minimum age for a lesson is 14 years old
• Minimum height is 4'6", maximum 6'4"
• Maximum weight of 14 stone
• Customers may be asked to bring a photographic form of ID
• You are welcome to bring along cameras to capture your first aviation experience
• There are outside viewing areas with great views of the runway
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This friendly and professional flying school is located at Turweston Aerodrome in Brackley, Northamptonshire