• A four seater flying lesson in a Piper PA28
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Choose from a 30, 45 or 60 minute flight durations
• Flight times quoted are 'chock to chock'
• A certificate upon completion
What Can I Expect
Learn to Fly In Hampshire in a four seater light aircraft! The Piper PA 28 Warrior II is a classic low wing, dual-controlled plane that has been the mainstay of the training fleet at this flying school for many years, helping hundreds of budding pilots to pass their aerial exams.
You will fly from Thruxton airfield in Hampshire, an ex RAF base that has one grass runway and one tarmac runway. The aerodrome is actually based in the middle of the race track of the same name, so it's a pretty actioned packed venue with lots of flying by members and visitors on fly-ins, all keeping the control tower busy.
The team at Thruxton is led by David Scouller who is head of training alongside Bob Cole the chief flying instructor, with fully qualified pilots who will take you on your very first flight in a four seater. If you've never flown in a light aircraft before, it really is quite a different sensation to being in the airliners most of us have been passengers in. For this experience you'll be up front sitting next to the pilot and you'll see straight away that you have loads of instruments and things in front of you…
Yes, when you learn to fly in Hampshire you will actually be taking control of the plane all by yourself. The pilot will take care of taxiing, take off and landing, but once you are in controlled level flight, it's over to you. What's more, if the pilot on the day is in agreement, you can invite one family member or friend to sit in the cockpit's rear seats as you take your lesson.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Lessons are weather dependent and subject to availability
• Minimum age is 14
• Under 18's must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to watch participants in flight
• One interested observer (min age 14) may watch the lesson from the rear seat of the aircraft (at the discretion of the instructor and subject to weather conditions)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Thruxton Aerodrome in Andover, Hampshire