• You will board an historic locomotive steam train and travel through the Leicestershire countryside
• You will be served a four course Sunday lunch in the first class restaurant cars
• You will also receive a 'runabout ticket' allowing you on as a passenger on any train as well as access to the platform and museums
What Can I Expect
Step back in time with a superb steam train Sunday lunch aboard the 'Elizabethan' service from Loughborough! This heritage steam railway is one of the most popular steam railway visitor attractions in the UK and boasts countless TV and film appearances too.
These Sunday lunch experiences depart from Loughborough's Great Central station and as you gently glide through the Leicestershire countryside, you will be served a fantastic four course meal. Just as it would have been during the golden age of steam, your meal is freshly prepared in the on-board kitchens of the train and served at your table in the first class dining car of the 'Elizabethan' service.
As you take in the amazing views out of your window, your taste buds will be tingled with a traditional Sunday lunch. So sit back, relax and let yourself be dined in 1950s style, as you enjoy the 16 mile round trip from Loughborough to Leicester North stations and back again.
Once the coffee has been sipped and the after lunch mints munched, you will arrive back at the Loughborough station, but your steam train Sunday lunch doesn't end there. With this experience you benefit from free travel on all trains all day, as well as being able to visit the on site museum, making for a full day out.
Another amazing experience from IntotheBlue.co.uk, see this link for similar steam train excursions throughout the UK,
steam train trips.
• The Elizabethan Luncheon train runs most Sunday lunchtimes from January to November
• The train will depart from Loughborough Central at 1:00pm and return at approximately 2:45pm
• Seating is generally on tables accommodating up to four people
• Children are welcome and a child's 'plate and seat' ticket can be purchased with the operator directly when booking
• Minimum age 5
• Passengers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• The Sample menu shown is subject to change, vegetarian options are also available
• Family and friends that would like to see the train off from the station will need to buy a platform ticket which also allows them access to the museum
• There are full facilities on board the trains at the station
• Disabled facilities are available
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The train will depart from the Great Central Station in Loughborough
• The train will travel 4 miles before taking in the views from the Swithland viaduct, near Rothley and follows the same route North back to the station