• All experiences use the 1.8mile circuit
• Experiences includes three demo laps plus three driving laps in the Fiesta S and six laps in the single seater
• You will receive a well earned certificate and driving analysis from your instructors
• Duration is 3 - 3.5 hours.
• Driving distance approximately 24.1 miles
• IntotheBlue offers a variety of
racing car gift ideas from just £99
What Can I Expect
Drive a single seat racing car at Castle Combe! At 1.8 miles long, this historic circuit in Wiltshire is one of the longest in the country and boasts some of the UK's most challenging corners for racing cars. Set amongst beautiful rolling Cotswold countryside this race circuit offers a fantastic place to get a taste of single seater driving in full race conditions.
Sessions begin with a detailed briefing which covers all the aspects of safety and explains the secrets of racing lines, turn in points and apexes. Then it's time for some practical tuition in the school's fleet of Ford Fiestas, equipped with the race proven Zetec engine. Three laps are instructor driven demo laps and you are driving for three laps so you really get a feel for this Castle Combe circuit. Then you move on to the big one - the single seater racing car! Nationwide
racing car experiences are available.
Crash helmet on, full harness seat belts tightened and the engine is fired up. Edge out onto the circuit and then it's up to you. Six laps later and your dream really has become a reality! Then it's back into the briefing area for your certificate presentation and to pick up your driving assessment sheet. A wonderful way to round off your drive in a single seat racing car at Castle Combe.
• Courses are usually available March to December on selected Fridays and Saturdays and start at 08:15, 10:15, 12:15 and 14:15
• No age restrictions however, a full manual current driving licence must be presented on the day
• Minimum height 5'1"
• Maximum height 6'4"
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Long sleeved top, trousers and flat-soled shoes are advised
• Please make provision for inclement weather
• Spectators are welcome
• White knuckle passenger rides can usually be booked on the day
• Professional photographs can also be purchased of your experience
• There is a clubhouse on site selling refreshments and food
• Covered viewing areas are available and there are toilets on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?