A One hour Quad Safari including:
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Practice laps around a circuit
• A quad safari on the woodland track
What Can I Expect
When it comes to quad biking Devon is about as picturesque as it gets. But this trek isn't just about the scenery, you will be hot-footing it around a superb set of forest trails at this small and friendly quad biking centre south of Exeter.
Just in land from the sunshine coast around Dawlish, the countryside soon develops into a more wild and untouched expanse of woodland. That's exactly where your Devonshire quad bike session will take place. On what was traditionally farmland, you will carve your route out through rutted terrain, on a variety of gradients and over tricky obstacles - all at some speed.
Deep in the forest, with just your trusty quad to help you negotiate what nature throws at you. And we can safely say you will be getting dirty, as when the weather is dry, the land holds mud and water, which, again, is what this activity is all about!
The ATVs (that's all terrain vehicles) in Devon are quite powerful (in fact more so than you'd might expect), so there's a little training exercise in the paddock area to start the experience. Once you've proved yourself at the handlebar of your quad bike, you will line up and head off into the wilderness of Devon for an hour.
It might be a 'follow the leader' format on this quad biking safari around Devon, but there is certainly no mollycoddling or hand-holding here. The pace can be pretty quick, over bumps and lumps. Don't forget to lift your feet up when steam through the water troughs, else the water will most certainly come sloshing in and your feet'll get soaked!
All in all, we think going quad biking at Devon's friendliest set up is great fun for young and old. Perhaps you're on holiday in the area and want a madcap day out on the quads with the family, or maybe you want to get away from it all and go trekking around the forest undergrowth. Either way, an hour of quad biking in Exeter will leave you exhausted, but elated!
• The centre in Devon is open throughout the year
• Opening hours are 10:00 to 17:00, Monday to Saturday
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• The minimum age for participants is 12
• Participants should wear comfortable, showerproof clothing and sensible footwear
• Spectators are very welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This is part of a multi-activity centre that offers a range of other attractions and a clubhouse for refreshments
• Lunches can be booked directly with the centre
• Near Dawlish, South Devon