A 60 minute four seater flying lesson
• A pre flight briefing
• The instructor will handle the take off
• You will take the controls for the majority of your selected flight
• After the flight there will be a debrief with your instructor
• A Passenger is usually allowed to join the flight and observe the lesson from the rear seats (maximum weight limit applies)
What Can I Expect
Feel the buzz in a light aircraft when you take your flying lesson from Norwich Airport - a busy International airport with scheduled and charter flights arriving and departing year round. With the IATA code NIA, Norwich International boasts a 1841 metre-long runway and a fully-equipped terminal building. All set in over 280 hectares, with flight operations employing over 200 staff, you'll love the proper 'airport feel' to these experiences.
Your flight training school is based in the 'Aviation Centre' at the airport and is owned and operated by highly experienced pilots Kevin Filby and Ian Anderson. The centre offers in-house CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) examiners and there is a well-equipped fleet of aeroplanes.
The centre has two Piper PA28 Warrior II light aircraft for flight training and both have the latest avionics systems in the cockpits, including the Garmin GPS moving map display and a transponder - both highly-regarded navigation tools. The whole airfield has full radar coverage to co-ordinate all the aerial movements at this busy airport just over two miles from Norwich.
We are offering a 60 minute flight with this Norwich flying training school and, despite the controlled airspace, you can pretty much choose where you'd like to fly, so you can take in an aerial view of the Norfolk Broads, head over the nearby north Norfolk coast, or even fly over your own house!
A flying lesson at Norwich Airport is great value for money with the added bonus of being able to invite a passenger along to observe your lesson at this bustling International Airport. More breathtaking flying experiences can be found on IntotheBlue's main
flying lessons home page.
• Experiences are available on most weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• The minimum age is 14 years
• There is a maximum height of 6'8''
• Maximum weight limit of 18 stone
• Four seater flights allow for passenger with a maximum weight of 15 stone (at the pilots discretion)
• Photographic ID may be requested on the day
• Spectators are welcome to attend
• With views of the runway you are welcome to bring cameras to capture images of the participant in the aircraft
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flights take off from Norwich International Airport, located to north of Norwich
• The famous Norfolk broads and North Norfolk coast are within easy reach