• Round trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
• Welcome Bellini
• Three-course brunch on the outward journey
• Morning tea and coffee
• Free time to explore at your chosen destination
• Champagne reception back on board
• Five course dinner
• Half a bottle of wine per person
• Coffee, tea and petit fours
• Please note the train is not steam hauled
What Can I Expect
Northern Belle at Leisure - a fine collection of journeys onboard the stunning Northern Belle train. Fine dining combines with superb sightseeing for these day trips by train to some of Britain’s most-loved destinations.
We are offering vouchers for one to four people to enjoy a trip onboard this magnificent train. Each of the seven carriages has been beautifully restored to reflect the heyday of train travel during the ‘Belle Epoque’ era of the 1930s. Muralists, marquetry and mosaic artists have created an elegant masterpiece that is truly stunning.
Departure stations for these leisure experiences are scheduled all over the Midlands and North, from Gloucester and Cheltenham, to Newcastle and Durham. It’s going to be an early start and a fairly late finish, giving you plenty of time to luxuriate in the glamour of it all.
Destinations for the Northern Belle include seaside resorts and historic towns you love. Each itinerary includes time to explore at your leisure. Maybe a stroll along the seafront promenade? A visit to a museum perhaps? Or just have a wander around the old town taking in the magnificent architecture? It’s your time to enjoy as you please.
For many guests on these leisure trips it's the onboard service that is the highlight. The exceptional care and attention afforded to passengers begins from the moment you board, with a Bellini cocktail. This is followed by your delicious brunch and a mid-morning tea or coffee break whilst you travel.
After your leisurely afternoon enjoying your day-trip destination, you’ll board the Northern Belle for your return train journey. This is the time to sit back and relax in your comfy armchair seat, reflect on your day and prepare for the five course fine dining meal that will be served at your table during your trip. With an emphasis on seasonal British food, the dishes are very much inspired by the views out of your carriage window as you traverse the countryside. Freshly prepared onboard by the Northern Belle’s chef team in their galley kitchen, the quality is nothing short of excellent.
Northern Belle leisure experiences depart from a range of regional train stations between April and September. These day trips are incredibly popular, so make sure you book well in advance to secure your reservation onboard this majestic luxury train service.
• Selected dates between April and September
• Due to popularity please book well in advance to avoid disappointment
• Departures times vary depending on your chosen venue and a confirmed schedule will be supplied upon booking
• All dates are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Some cities only have limited departures so please book early and check the schedule
• Smart casual wear is appropriate (but not jeans or trainers)
• Because of the vintage nature of the train wheel chair access is not possible onboard, help is available for passengers with disabilities, with facilities to stow folding wheelchairs
• For the comfort of all, this is a non-smoking train throughout and passengers are asked to turn off their mobile telephones whilst on board
• If you have any special dietary requirements, please advise us when booking and we will do our best to comply. We are, however, unable to provide meals requiring strict religious observance in their preparation.
• Spectators are not permitted however they are welcome to accompany passengers to the train station and see them off
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There are seven passenger carriages, each with the same interior layout of tables for two and four
• Seating will be side by side on a table of four
• It may be possible to upgrade to a table of two at the time of activation for an additional charge of £30 per person
• Dates and locations may change, please contact us for the latest availability
• 17th April - Edinburgh From Manchester, Huddersfield & York
• 18th April - Hereford From Preston, Wigan, Warrington & Chester
• 18th April - Cardiff from Preston, Wigan, Warrington & Chester
• 25th April - York from Birmingham, Derby & Sheffield
• 15th May - Bristol from Liverpool, Warrington & Crewe
• 16th May - Scarborough from Chester, Warrington & Manchester
• 29th May - Dundee from Darlington, Durham & Newcastle
• 30th May - Bath from Wakefield, Sheffield & Derby
• 5th June - Edinburgh from Manchester, Huddersfield & York
• 6th June - Bath from Manchester, Stoke-on-Trent & Stafford
• 11th July - Weymouth Harbour from Coventry & Birmingham
• 12th July - Weymouth Harbour from Cardiff, Newport & Bath Spa
• 25th July - Berwick upon Tweed from Derby, Chesterfield & Doncaster