• A flying experience at the world famous John Lennon Airport
• All lessons are conducted by a fully qualified pilot
• Flights will be taken in a 2 Seater PA-38 or 4 Seater PA-28
• The opportunity to take the controls of the aircraft after take off
• At the pilot's discretion you may fly over a favourite local landmark
• Flight log to take home with you
Introductory / 30 Minute Experience
• 5-10 minute pre-flight briefing
• Minimum 25 minutes flight duration (including taxi time)
Extended / 60 Minute Experience
• 10-15 minute pre-flight briefing
• Minimum 40 minutes flight duration (including taxi time)
What Can I Expect
Go sky high with these flying lessons over Liverpool: soar among the clouds, cruise at altitude over iconic landmarks and navigate over the Mersey’s gentle sweep out to sea, thanks to the team at one of Liverpool’s premier flying schools. Based at.John Lennon Airport to the south of the city, surrounded by runways, control towers and a range of aeroplanes from light aircraft to transatlantic jets, this bustling international terminal is the perfect place to get your piloting aspirations off the ground.
Each lesson with this Liverpool based flying school is taught by a highly trained instructor, and offers an unparalleled airborne experience over this iconic industrial city. With 30 or 60 minute experience available, you can create a tailored flight plan that will see you sat behind the controls for the majority of your time in the air. Even when the flying instructor takes the lead, you’ll still be able to learn about, and assist with, pre-flight checks, taxiing down the runway and the final approach.
The Liverpool school offers the use of a two-seater Piper PA-38 Tomahawk for one-person flying lessons, and if you want to take a lucky passenger with you, you’ll be riding on board a four-seater Piper PA-28 Cherokee. Both planes have clocked up a lot of air miles with professional pilots and trainee flight enthusiasts alike, and with the same to be said of the instructors, you can rest assured you’ll be in safe hands throughout the session.
This flying lesson lets you take in sights such as Liverpool and Everton’s football stadia, the Liver Building, Radio City and the impressive docks flanking the River Mersey. If you live locally, there’s even the possibility of flying over your own house!
What’s more, if this experience gets you hooked on high-flying, your inaugural flight counts towards your PPL (Private Pilot’s License) if you choose to continue your tuition at Liverpool. The flying school also gives you the option to purchase a Pilot’s Log Book to record the details of your flight, for a more explicit memento.
Anyone interested in aviation is sure to love this spectacular chance to soar over one of the UK’s best-loved industrial cities, and even for the spectators left on the tarmac apron, John Lennon Airport offers some great plane-spotting opportunities. So if you’re looking for an aeronautical activity with a difference, fire up your engines and take off with our fantastic school-based flying lessons in Liverpool.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14 years
• Maximum weight for 2 seater aircraft is 14 stones
• Maximum weight for 4 seater aircraft is 30 stones
• Spectators are welcome but will only be able to view the take off and landing
• Participants of 4 seater flights are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Photographs and videos of your experience are available to purchase
• John Lennon Airport, Liverpool