• Drive your choice of 1, 2 or 3 supercars for 6 minutes in each
• Safety and technical briefing to familiarise yourself with the controls and what to expect on the track
• In car session in your chosen car with a qualified instructor
• For multi car drives there will be a short break between drives
• Short debrief with written comments from your instructor
• Commemorative certificate on completion
• Ferrari 360
• Lamborghini Gallardo
• Aston Martin DB9
• Porsche 997
• Audi R8
• Ford Mustang
What Can I Expect
No need for a licence on these junior supercar drives! Amazing as it might sound, kids who aren’t even old enough to really think about applying for a provisional licence can actually get behind the wheel of some fabulous supercars at Heyford Park in Oxfordshire. We think they’ll love it.
Most of us start learning to drive in something small and modest like a Fiesta. But that first taste of stalling, over revving the engine and not being able to remember whether it’s mirror-signal-manoeuvre is all thrown out of the window on these supercars drives for the kids. They don’t even have to have any previous motoring experience of any kind. It’s mad to think the very first time they have a steering wheel in their hands it could have a prancing horse Ferrari logo on it!
The team at this driving centre in Upper Heyford is well-versed in what makes teen drivers tick. They love the kudos of being in a supercar. They love the feeling of speed and they love the fact that they’re the ones driving. Of course, safety is paramount, so the instructor sitting beside them actually has their own overriding brake pedal and an engine switch too, so everyone is safe.
They are also really good at encouraging and building confidence in your mini drivers. It can be daunting for adults and children alike when you first step into a very, very expensive supercar, but the teenagers are all soon put at ease. Time for a deep breath and get ready to hit the track, negotiating the coned circuit like a future champ might.
We are offering one, two or three car junior supercar drives and in every case, it’s the youngsters who gets to choose which car or cars they get to drive. And it’s a pretty impressive line up. Everything from very smart Aston Martins and super slick Ferraris, to the sheer performance and handling of the Porsche and Audi. We’re betting more than one of these cars will have featured on the bedroom walls of the young drivers at some point in their childhood!
• Available from April to October
• Selected weekdays during school holidays and Saturdays
• All dates and session times are subject to availability
• Suitable for 11 to 17 year olds
• Participants must not have a full driving licence
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 6ins
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• All juniors must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Guests of participants are welcome to attend free of charge and spectate from safe viewing areas around the track.
• Cameras are welcome to capture a photo of the participant and the supercar.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Facilities include a picnic area, heated hospitality suite, seated briefing area and catering facilities
• High speed passenger rides with the instructor driving are available on the day for an additional charge of £10
• The circuit is located just off J10 of the M40 at Heyford Park in Oxfordshire within easy reach of London and the Midlands