• Allow two hours on site
• All safety gear and equipment is provided
• Tuition from qualified coaches
• Clay pigeon shooting session
• Air rifle session
• Archery session
• Children will be part of a group of up to six on the day
What Can I Expect
Shotguns, air rifles and bows and arrows - this is the fun shooting day your youngsters just can’t miss! Our Junior Targets Taster will have your little ones trying out clay pigeon shooting, air rifle shooting and archery all in one super exciting session at this centre in Bedfordshire. This experience has been specially devised and is only available for under 18s.
Your juniors will spend around two hours on site and after a meet and greet from the staff, each child will be kitted out with all the equipment and safety gear they need for a fun and safe day out. All instructors at the well-equipped venue are experts in their fields and have the patience and enthusiasm to encourage kids to give these field sports a go and enjoy themselves.
First up is clay pigeon shooting. The juniors will be using specially adapted shotguns for their smaller frames that are easy to fire at the clays. They’ll receive tips on how to hit the clays and plenty of chances to shoot. Then they move on to air rifle practice, where the youngsters will shoot pellets at different types of target, from round bullseyes to rats (metal, rather than real ones of course!).
Archery then follows. This always creates the most laughs, as the kids really get into it, learning how to load up and draw the bow and then release the arrow to try and hit the bullseye. Archery isn’t just for adults – more and more children are taking up the sport (as every kid loves the Hunger Games don’t they?) so this could be the start of something big!
Throughout this trio of activities, safety is of paramount importance and all coaches and instructors are fully qualified and trained to be able to host children's groups at the centre. The venue is a well-established family-run shooting club, in fact it’s one of the largest around and has professional staff and an excellent safety record.
• Junior target taster sessions run throughout year
• Dates are once a month on Saturdays
• Groups of four or more can usually on additional days of the week
• The experience is specifically aimed at eight to 18 year olds
• All participants must be at least 4ft tall
• Please wear casual clothing and footwear suitable for being outdoors
• All children must be accompanied to the event by a parent or adult (but they don't take part)
• Spectators are welcome, but may not be able to see all the action
• The Shooting Lodge is a comfortable place with outdoor patio, bar, café and restaurant
• Ample car parking and toilets on site
• Drinks served all day, along with snacks and lunches
• Ideal for birthday parties
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The shooting centre is just north of Bedford
• Easy access from the M1, A1 and A14