• Choose from the two seater Robinson R22 or four seater R44
• Your experience includes a 30 minute ground briefing followed by your chosen flight duration
• You will also receive a flight certificate on completion of your session
What Can I Expect
Trial Helicopter Lessons in Nottingham! Just south of Nottingham you'll find Nottingham Heliport hidden away, surrounded by farming land. This is a family-run company that offers a good range of trial lessons in two or four seater helis, at a very pleasant location.
This is a successful school that was taken over by the Briggs family in 2007. You'll find there's a warm welcome when you arrive and everyone is very enthusiastic about showing new pupils the wonders of helicopter flying. Unusually, the company actually owns the fleet of training helicopters based here (unlike many others who lease them), including the robust and easy to fly Robinson R22 and R44.
All the instructors have many hours' flying time under their belts and all love taking new, budding pilots up for their first (and often not last) trial lesson in a Robinson helicopter.
Our trial helicopter lessons out of Nottingham are offered as 30 or 60 minutes lessons in either the two seater Robinson R22 or its bigger, better equipped brother, the four seater R44. Subject to pilot approval, you may be able to invite friends or family to join you as back seat passengers as you take your lesson if you choose the four seat option.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• This experience is subject to weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• R22 weight restrictions: maximum 15 stone
• R44 weight restrictions: maximum 19 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Nottingham Heliport