• A T6 Harvard Trial Flight
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• The opportunity to take the controls between take off and landing
• Flight times are chock to chock
• 15 Minutes - Spectacular views of the local countryside
• 20 Minutes - Overfly Leeds Castle
• 40 Minutes - Overfly White Cliffs of Dover
• 60 Minutes - Overfly Beachy Head/Seven Sisters
What Can I Expect
The Texan, the Pilot Maker, the Window Breaker - whatever you call the Harvard these lessons are going to be really rather special. After all, it's not every day you get to take a trial lesson in an historic Harvard warbird!
These flights operate out of Headcorn in Kent. Very much in keeping with the halcyon days of flying, this popular General Aviation airfield is a favourite amongst pilots.
With its powerful radial engine and fully retractable undercarriage, the Harvard certainly looks and sounds the business too. What we love most about these experiences is that they are not just pleasure flights where you sit back and enjoy the ride. If you're up for it, you'll be handling this American beast in the skies above Kent for a truly thrilling trial lesson.
In fact, the Harvard was used extensively around the world not only as a training aeroplane, but also as a fighter, despite it being seen as something of a 'hack'. That's because the Canadian Car and Foundry continuously worked on the design and the T6-G was much improved, making it a viable combat plane with greater fuel capacity, a steering tailwheel and a more ergonomic cockpit too.
The Harvard you'll be flying in was actually built as a standard T6 in 1943, but then went back to the factory to be upgraded to a T6-G in 1949. Working as a trainer for many years, followed by a stint with the Haitian Air Force, she finally came to the UK in 1989.
We are offering a variety of Harvard flight lessons. On all durations you'll have the chance to actually fly this impressive plane yourself. And don’t forget, you have the choice of soaring through the or zooming in Kentish airspace over Headcorn. Take in the views, take in that noise, take in that unforgettable smell of hot oil and love the day you met the wonderful Harvard!
• Selected weekdays and weekends, subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 4ft 6ins and maximum 6ft 4ins
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Headcorn Aerodrome, Kent