• This experience lasts approximately 2 ¾ hours
• An introduction to the birds of prey from an expert falconer
• Handling and flying at least 5 birds of prey, usually including Kestrel, Buzzard, Harris Hawk and different species of Owls.
• You may form part of a group of approximately 6 other participants plus any spectators
Falconry days are also available for larger groups and even 1-1 bespoke experiences, please visit our
falconry section for more information.
What Can I Expect
Surround yourself with a spectacular collection of more than 70 birds of prey from over 30 different species when you try falconry in the West Midlands. With the maximum raptor-gazing group size being just six, you will enjoy privileged access to the birds, making this a fun day out that all the family will enjoy.
Experiences start with a guided tour of this large falconry venue in the heart of the West Midlands. The centre is open permanently to the public, but you’ll have the delight of being accompanied by an expert handler who’ll be only too pleased to answer your questions about these beautiful creatures. You then head out to the arena area, where you’ll actually be taught how to fly at least five different and very gorgeous raptors such as Harris Hawks, Buzzards, Kestrels, Little Owls, Eagle Owls and Striated Caracara birds.
Sessions offer incredible opportunities for those new to falconry and the West Midlands team works tirelessly to show you the very best that these regal raptors can do. It’s a testament to their passion for their beloved birds of prey that these experiences are so informative and thrilling and we’re sure that anyone with an interest in wild birds will love this winged adventure.
Experiences run on selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year on various dates to suit demand
• Minimum age of 14
• All participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult (spectator fees apply)
• Spectators are welcome on all experiences
• A fee of £12.50 applies for spectators
• Your spectator place entitles you to close up viewing to the handling and flying of the birds with plenty of great photo opportunities but does not include handling the birds yourself
• There is a Garden centre adjacent as well as a café on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
The venue is located in the West Midlands in Hagley.