• Drive a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500
• Choose from 3 lap blast or 6 lap thrill
• Each lap is approximately 1 mile
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• Fully qualified instructors are there to give advice
• Allow at least one hour on site
What Can I Expect
That famous GT500 car named Eleanor was Gone in 60 Seconds, but you'll be pleased to hear that with this experience there's no need to have the audacity of Memphis and his gang to steal one, as this Eleanor Mustang will be waiting for you to drive her!
You can't beat a good old action/heist movie and the original Gone in 60 Seconds that came out in 1974 was good, but the 2000 remake starring the likes of Nicolas Cage (Memphis), Angelina Jolie (Sway), Christopher Eccleston ('The Carpenter') and a certain Shelby-style Mustang called Eleanor is pure car jacking gangster genius, with more car chases and high speed getaways than you can shake a stick at
We won't recount the whole plot here, but needless to say, it involves young gun Kip getting intro trouble as he launches his car stealing career. Retired pro car thief brother Memphis gets called in to help and the only way to save Kip is to nick 50 cars for Brit bad boy Raymond Calitri, all whilst the cops are on the tail of their plan.
The gang decides to carry out the raids in one day, with each car stolen literally going in less than 60 seconds. After several twists and turns, the showstopping finale is the moment Memphis has to steal the gleaming 1967 Shelby Mustang. This is Memphis's nemesis as he has never managed to take one in his whole car thieving 'career' and the Police know it too…
The showdown comes as Memphis drives away in the Mustang, but then encounters traffic on the Vincent Thomas bridge. With the police giving chase, it's time to hit a ramp and leap over the cars…but is it too late as Memphis delivers the 50th car on the list after the deadline has past and damaged?
We can't promise as much drama as the film, but the Mustang you'll be driving is a spot-on replica of Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds and is a dream to drive. These high-powered American beauties are true classics and you will love powering around the corners like seasoned car jacker Memphis - just remember you have to give this one back at the end of your run!
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Minimum age 17
• Participants must hold a full valid UK driving licence
• Maximum weight 20 stone
• Minimum height 5ft
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The car you'll drive is an authentic 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 styled on 'Eleanor' from the 2000 movie Gone in 60 Seconds. This particular vehicle was not used in the movie
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Norfolk Gliding Club
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honnington, Suffolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Castle Combe** Adults only
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change