Edinburgh Sightseeing Tour
• Pre flight safety briefing
• A 30 minute helicopter flight on board a Jetranger helicopter
• Sights include; The Forth Railway Bridge, Edinburgh Airport, The Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh Castle, Murrayfield Stadium and The City of Edinburgh
• You will be part of a group of four participants
• Please allow one hour for this experience
What Can I Expect
Book your seat in the chopper for a thrilling helicopter ride in Edinburgh! Get ready to fly over Edinburgh in an executive helicopter for 30 amazing minutes of rotary flight, giving you a prime view on the city below.
Packed with landmark buildings, bridges, coastline, hills and a whole lot more, Edinburgh is a fascinating city to explore from the air. Your rendez-vous point is a discrete Edinburgh helipad in a rural location in South Queensferry. Once onboard with the rotor blades turning, you’ll be amazed how smooth it all is as you gently lift off the ground. Then you’ll be flabbergasted by how much you can see within mere seconds of taking off.
There’s Edinburgh Airport and the patchwork quilted fields of the surrounding farmlands and even the Firth of Forth glistening in the distance. As you rise to your cruising altitude of around 1000ft, the famous duo of the Forth Road Bridge and the Forth Bridge come into view and it’s truly a sight to behold as you follow the trains and cars crossing over the river.
Your helicopter ride over Auld Reekie continues as you spot the likes of Murryfield, the largest stadium in Scotland and home to the Scottish Rugby Union, closely followed by the iconic Edinburgh Castle. The city centre has too many stand out buildings to mention, but needless to say, your experienced pilot will be on hand to act as guide, pointing out all the mains sights over your intercom headset.
And one sight to see that really stands out is Arthur’s Seat. Sitting proud at 250m high, this peak, just on the outskirts of Edinburgh’s bustling city centre is a haven of peace and wilderness in Holyrood Park. If you hike to the top you are awarded with great views of the city, but with these heli rides there’s no physical effort required to enjoy amazing vistas.
Any helicopter ride of Edinburgh is special, but if you want that extra touch, there may be the chance to fly as ‘co-pilot’ up front in the chopper (subject to a fee payable locally on the day). No matter where you're sitting in the heli, one thing’s for sure, a camera is the must-have carry-on accessory for your flight to capture the well-known parts of Athens of the North from 1000ft in the air.
• Selected weekends between April and October
• Minimum age 6
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight is 18 stone (114kgs)
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Flights depart from Edinburgh Helipad, EH30