All experiences include:
• Welcome and introduction to rally driving techniques
• Vehicles used on the day can not be specified but are typically: Mitsubishi Evos, Subaru WRX Rally , Rally prepared Polo or Focus RS
• Individual driving certificate
• 8-10 minutes driving a fully prepared rally car on mixed material stage
• Allow up to one hour on site for this experience
• Drive both a fully prepared 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive rally car on the tarmac stage for approximately 8-10 minutes each
• Drive a front wheel rally car on a gravel stage (typically a Rally prepared Polo or Focus RS) for around 8-10 minutes
• Driving assessment from your instructor and an individual driving certificate
• Allow up to 3 hours for this experience
• 4-5 minutes driving a fully prepared rally car on mixed material stage
• Allow up to 1 hour for this experience
What Can I Expect
A whole host of fancy cars at a top-notch circuit - that's rally driving in Leicestershire for you! The rally cars will be ready and revved up for you on these Loughborough-based driving experiences, waiting for you to take to the tarmac, mixed and loose gravel stages. Be prepared to have your clutch, brake and throttle skills tested to the max!
Rally taster sessions are perfect for those who just want to dip their toe into the heady world of rally driving, or anyone looking for high thrills at low prices. Count on spending around an hour at the venue just outside Loughborough, rallying in a fully prepped vehicle for a short, sharp and very intense session. There's a little element of surprise involved here too, as you won't know which car you'll be clunk-clicking yourself into until the day, but believe us, it'll be fast!
The next level on the podium is the bronze experience. This is the same set up as the taster drive, but gives you extended time in the car, so you can really start to have a feel for what rallying is all about and just what these high-spec cars are capable of. Ideal for learning the basics of how to rally drive.
On our silver experiences, things really hot up with a complete half-day programme of driving. The symmetrical all wheel drive Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and Subaru WRX Sti will be lined up in the pits, alongside a front wheel drive group N car like a Ford Focus or VW Polo. You will drive the big boys on the tarmac surface, whilst you'll be able to fling the hot hatch around a loose gravel stage for some nice under and oversteer fun that'll have you trying to hang on to the steering wheel as it threads through your hands to stop that opposite lock moment!
Whether you go for the taster, bronze or silver sessions at this renowned and highly-respected Loughborough driving experience centre, you’re sure to be accompanied in some great cars by some brilliant tutors. The days are well-organised and with well-maintained vehicles that are ready to rally on a variety of testing surfaces. We think you’ll agree, it’s time to get those wheels spinning and the rubber burning!
• Courses run on selected weekdays and Saturdays throughout the year
• Please arrive at the venue one hour before your start time
• A full, valid driving licence needs to be shown on the day
• Minimum height 5ft
• Maximum height 6ft 5ins
• Maximum weight 19 stone
• Please wear flat soled shoes
• Spectators are welcome but no pets are allowed
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• In car DVD recordings can be purchased for around £30
• You will be offered an optional cancellation cover and collision damage waiver on the day
• Optional extras such as high speed passenger rides can be purchased on the day or at time of booking with the supplier
• All vehicles are subject to availability
• Near Prestwold Hall, Leicestershire
• This experience is also available at Elvington, Yorkshire