• A flying lesson in a two seater Cessna 152 or four seater Cessna 172
• Welcome, introduction and 10 minute pre-flight safety briefing
• Your chosen flight duration with a fully qualified instructor
• Flight times are taken chock to chock
• Short debrief after landing
• Personalised flight certificate
• Complimentary drink at The Oak pub to celebrate afterwards
What Can I Expect
Find your wings at this Coventry flying school! All planes used are dual-controlled, so whether you fancy a lesson flying in a four or a two seater light aircraft, there are plenty of flight durations to choose from at this friendly centre just south east of Coventry city centre in the village of Baginton - and yes, you will be invited to take the controls.
With a small and dynamic team, this Coventry set up offers a close-knit flying school where instructors are most encouraging towards budding pilots and (very importantly) the kettle is always on.
When you arrive, you will greeted by the flying school duty manager at this Coventry base. It's a busy little place with staff carrying out various tasks including daily checks of the planes, opening up the hangar, wheeling the planes out to the apron, organising refueling, managing self-hire flight bookings, pilot training lessons and, of course, welcoming and looking after Into the Blue clients eager for their flying lesson out of Coventry Airport!
The enthusiastic team here reckons they have trained hundreds of pilots over the years, some of whom have gone on to become busy civil airline first officers and captains, whilst many just revel in the sheer pleasure of recreational aviation. Whatever your flying aims are, the teaching here at this school in Coventry is excellent and all instructor pilots are passionate about what they do and love nothing more than taking a 'newbie' up in a light plane for their maiden flight. So hop into the 'pilot in command' seat (that's the left hand one) and get ready for your first lesson in what flying over Coventry is all about.
There is a fleet of modern aircraft operating out of this Coventry flying school and for these 15-20, 30, 45 or 60 minute lessons, you have the choice of taking lessons in a two seat aircraft such as the high-wing Cessna 152, or you can go for a flying lesson in one of the four seat, low wing Cessna 172s this Coventry crew has in its fleet. As with all the flying schools we use, this one in Coventry is fully CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) registered for lessons.
• Available on weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flights are subject to weather conditions and availability
• Minimum age is 14
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• 2 forms of identity including photographic ID will be required on the day
Two Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1 inch
Four Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3 inches
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities
• Participants of the four seater experiences may bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
• For four seater flights, if you are flying solo there is a maximum weight limit of 17 stone
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Coventry Airport, West Midlands