• A memorable winery and brewery tour lasting around two hours
• Welcome and introduction
• Guided tour and insight to the production of fine English wines
• The opportunity to taste the products
• You may be joining part of a group of other participants
What Can I Expect
Sip wines and ales produced in the Hambleden Valley as you spend the day wine tasting near Oxford! Wine lovers everywhere will relish this taste sensation at the Chiltern Valley Winery where you can enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at how grapes make it from the vineyard to the bottle, as well as taste-testing a range of the quality wines produced on site.
The winery has been producing top quality alcoholic beverages since 1982 and in 2007 was awarded a Royal Warrant for its English ales. Since then they’ve diversified into liqueurs as well, but good old-fashioned winemaking remains at the heart of this immensely successful and popular Oxfordshire enterprise and it’s these fantastic fermentations that will play a key role in your wine tasting experience.
The Oxford team takes pride in using modern methods for the fermenting, bottling and labelling of their wines, and the winery produces an astonishing 120,000 bottles a year. Just some of the white wines you could be tasting on your visit are a Schonburger, Reichensteiner or Old Luxter, as well as a couple of reds or perhaps a rosé to titillate your taste buds.
The tour and wine tasting sessions at Oxford last around two hours, with 30-40 minutes being given over entirely to a tutored tasting experience. Here you can let your senses take over and use your eyes, nose and tongue to explore the depth of flavours and aromas that different grapes and fermentations produce.
After your tour and taster lesson, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the winery‘s cellar shop, where you can buy bottles of any wines you liked, either as gifts or to keep and enjoy yourself. This is an unmissable day out for any aspiring vintners, sommeliers or simple wine enthusiasts and will ensure you know your must from your tannins, as well as developing your appreciation for the rich variety of wines that are on offer in the UK today. Wine tasting in Oxford doesn’t get much better than this – and that’s a fruity fact that, like good wine, will stand the test of time.
• This tour is available on selected weekdays by arrangement
• Suitable for those over 18 who enjoy wine and beer
• Alcohol may be consumed and driving afterwards should be avoided
• This tour is not suitable for spectators
• However, friends and family may join you on purchasing their Into the Blue voucher
• The minimum number for a party is 15 persons on weekday evenings
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Near Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire